Social Media Manager
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionNinety9cents is a full-service, integrated advertising agency with offices in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Zambia, and is one of South Africa’s largest independently owned agencies. Led by founder and managing director Andrew Brand, the agency’s extensive client base includes leading brands such as Shoprite/Checkers, Ackermans, PUMA and the Spur Group, to name but a few. Our Cape Town office is looking for a social media manager to join our digital team.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about social media to join our close-knit team and become a part of delivering quality 360-degree digital campaigns to be proud of. The social media manager is responsible for the execution of social media jobs against strategy. Core to the role is taking briefs from clients and working with internal teams (client service, creative, production, strategy, PR, etc.) and external suppliers (media partners) to plan and execute work on social media platforms effectively.
The ideal candidate for this role has a marketing/agency background and has an enthusiasm for the retail fashion industry. They would need to have superior presentation and communication skills and proven hands-on experience managing social media content for brands. In summary, the ideal candidate will bring their expertise in social media to the work we do for our clients.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Client service
- Content planning
- Schedule management
- Creative briefing
- Client presentations
- Content administration
- Content performance reports
Work closely with:
- Client service – On 360-degree campaign briefs
- Strategy – On strategy, reporting & insights
- PR – On influencer campaigns
- Supply thought leadership and recommendations.
RequirementsMinimum relevant experience and skills/attributes required:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in marketing or similar
- Two to three years' experience managing social media, preferably in an integrated advertising agency
- Experience working on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn platforms
- A positive attitude towards tight deadlines
- Enjoys a fast-paced agency environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Self-motivated, hard-working and eager to learn attitude
- Excellent analytical, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills are a must
- Ability to think creatively and out-of-the-box
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional writing, communication, and confident presentation skills
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Valid, driver's licence and own transport
- Facebook Blueprint Certifications – Intermediary to advanced
- Google Analytics Academy Certification – Basic level
- Other online training on social media platforms/analytics also acceptable
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Social Media content management platforms (HootSuite, Falcon Social, etc.)
- Social Media monitoring platforms (Brandseye, Simply Measured, Meltwater, etc.)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within three weeks after submitting your application, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
We remain committed to the principles of employment equity.
Posted on 17 Apr 10:07