Social Media Manager
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
We have a fabulous job opportunity that’s “on the nose” for a mid-weight wine-loving Social Media Manager at an historic wine farm in Stellenbosch. We are looking for an energetic and digitally savvy Social Media Manager with an interest in or passion for wine and a love of social media. Your main responsibilities will be to generate, execute and manage their social media community and profiles to build brand equity. The ideal candidate can write copy and also has a keen visual eye as a lot of the content is visual. There is an opportunity here for flexible hours and a work from home arrangement, but you must be Cape Town based and able to be on site when required. If you are a creative, big picture thinker, we’d love to chat!
- Craft and coordinate a cohesive brand experience across all social media feeds including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn, including emerging platforms
- Develop, guide and report on a comprehensive social media strategy
- Develop a well-planned social media calendar, balancing the different elements of the brand, the different needs of internal stakeholders and the relevant opportunities for consumers
- Work with brand managers to support and complement planned campaigns for local and international audiences
- Create and bring to life always-on/live content
- Manage online community, queries, and feedback
- Analyse data to inform new or better social and digital strategies and ideas
- Report on key industry trends, competitive insights, and emerging social media technologies
- Develop and execute on new innovative ideas for all social channels and grow reach and engagement
- Complement PR and campaign strategies to build on relationships with influencers and key industry creatives to grow and evolve the social presence.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Social Media Content Creation inclusive of producing content, managing budget, analysing and reporting on data using tools such as Facebook Ads Manager, Google analytics, Sprout (or similar platforms)
- Some Paid Social experience – beneficial
- Knowledge about wine and the wine industry, or a passion to get to know it
- A passion and interest for sustainable business and farming
- Ability to form good relationships with multiple internal whom you will rely on for content, and working with a highly collaborative team
- Strong creative ideation skills, great eye for photography and able to create short content films for IGTV/Reels and FB and IG stories.
- Understanding of and passion for a constantly evolving media landscape, interested in the latest trends in social media apps
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills with the ability to tailor content to different platform audiences
- Strong time management and well-organised
- Balance of on and off-site working, flexible hours
- Own transport and flexibility to attend key events.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 09 Jun 05:34
+27 21 422 1037