The purpose of this position is to assist the SI unit within the Department of Programmes and Technical Support (DPTS) through ensuring timely delivery of high quality outputs across the RSI & systems function. Managed by the SI UI Specialist, and supporting the Programme Analytics Specialist, SI Analyst, and oversight from the Senior SI Manager will make up the SI unit within DPTS. This position will be responsible for supporting UI testing, SI training, mHealth training assistance and capacity building, managing TA requests within SI, providing a link between UI/back-end support, and providing Quality Assurance of tools being rolled out. This position reports to the Strategic Information UI Specialist and is based at m2m Head Office in Cape Town
Key Performance Areas:
Systems Optimization, Maintenance, Testing & Dissemination:
- Support development and testing of new digital and other solutions in support of the organisation-wide programmes.
- Disseminating documentation of all UI and back-end processes for transitions in MIS platforms
Support Systems Capacity Development:
- Supporting of unit training activities with a strong focus on mHealth training and capacity building
- Oversight & development of SI technical capacity requirements coordination from implementing geolocations & development of a training plan.
- Manage list for SI staff and a site repository for all m2m implementing geolocations
- Lead coordination of CommCare, DHIS2 and other internal DPTS data requests for ad hoc or other related requests.
- Receive, disseminate and coordinate completion of SI-TA requests from implementing geolocations
Quality assurance/quality improvement:
- Support development of standard operating procedures and algorithms for optimal system utilization
- Assist with project evaluations including synthesis of information and managing dissemination towards improved knowledge sharing/management
- Document data utilization including guiding routine project performance monitoring ensuring provision of analytical data to inform effective QA/QI
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in public health, IT, social work, monitoring & evaluation, demography, biostatistics, statistics, analytics or a related field is required. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred; an honour’s degree is advantageous
- At least 3 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluating public health programs, including ensuring data quality and data analysis to inform program improvements, with experience in programming for PMTCT, ECD & Orphans and Vulnerable Children and Youth-particularly at-risk adolescent youth is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in training material development, UI testing, database administration, experience with CommCare & DHIS2 data base system especially advantageous
- Familiarity with PEPFAR MER, EGPAF, UKAID Indicators, quality programming and donor M&E reporting requirements
- A valid driver’s license & fluency in English is essential; fluency in local language is an advantage;
- Good skills in MS Excel Word, PowerPoint and Access, and data management software programs such as DHIS2, CommCare, Tableau and Server(AWS/Azure)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and report writing skills
- Attention to detail is critical
- Capacity to work independently and to work well within a diverse multi-country team
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and work to strict deadlines
- Excellent writing skills including analytical reports and proposals
- High Computer literacy (including MS Office Suite)
- Need to be adaptable and flexible
- Ability to travel up to 40% to m2m support countries
- Action and results-oriented with the ability to lead decisively and motivate staff to perform optimally.