Job descriptionApplications are invited for the above-indicated vacancy within Newzroom Afrika. The incumbent will report to the MANAGING EDITOR: INPUT.
The purpose of this role is to arrange suitable and relevant guests for in-studio appearances and live broadcasts, as well as to conduct research and propose ideas and formulate relevant questions / debates/ interviews to enhance the broadcast.
- Research and introduce new expected voices on channel.
- Research and introduce new informed voices on channel.
- Provide detailed research with a minimum of five suggested questions for anchors.
- Broaden contact base by developing networks with key stakeholders in the industry.
- Selecting relevant and appropriate guests for particular topics/issues.
- Liaise with visitors and other stakeholders via telephone and email correspondence by using excellent telephone and written etiquette.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Maintain a well-rounded knowledge base of current affairs and international news by digesting news regularly.
- Maintain excellent relationships both internal to the business as well as fostering networks.
- Welcome and receive guests by ensuring receipt is prompt and professional at all times.Good understanding of newsroom operating systems to continuously update the database.
- Able to provide a comprehensive introduction to topics and discussions.
- Conduct pre-interviews to determine suitability of guests and their point of view.
- Present information packs to anchors.
- Ensure that the quality of the guests are of editorial standards by being able to demonstrate their knowledge and articulate their views concisely.
- Source, secure and book a variety of guests as per the channels news requirements including but not limited to current affairs, South African political landscape.
- Preparation of information packs for anchors detailing views and positions of the guests.
- Thorough understanding of South African and global news and current affairs
- At least three years' experience in a related field
- A firm grasp of current affairs, both local and international
- An excellent knowledge of media law and ethics
- Outstanding communication and Interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Characteristics and competencies
- Great attention to detail
- Deadline driven
- Innovative with strong problem-solving abilities
- Use of the latest tech platforms to host meetings
- Self-motivated, passionate, and punctual
- Fast thinker and fast worker
- Must be agile and accurate under pressure
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to embrace change
- Optimising content and technology
- Clear knowledge, expertise of content life cycle, content management systems and process
- Ability to collaborate at all levels
- Ability to work well within the team
- Ability to manage conflict
Education: An appropriate post-matric qualification, journalism and/or media studies
Languages: Multi with English being main.
Experience: Minimum three years’ experience in related field.
Company DescriptionNewzroom Afrika is a premier South African 24-hour TV news channel broadcasting in Southern Africa, East and West Africa.
Posted on 20 Aug 16:04