Senior Professional Officer – Scada Field Services
|Company:||The City of Cape Town|
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Energy and climate change – Electricity generation and distribution (protection and telecommunications)
Senior professional officer: sCADAfield services
TCOE salary commencing from R840 607 per annum – Ref no: NRG 68/20
This is a re-advertisement of ref.: NRG 02/20. Candidates who applied previously should not reapply.
- B.Eng/BSc/BTech degree in electrical engineering
- Registered Pr Eng/Pr Tech Eng or eligible for registration
- Qualification in Project Management will be beneficial
- Minimum of five (5) years’ post-qualification relevant SCADA outstation maintenance, project management and staff scheduling experience
- Required to manage staff and project disputes
- A valid Code B or EB driver’s licence
- A high degree of computer literacy
- Financial analysis and SAP experience
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions, outside normal working hours during emergencies and overtime
- May be required to perform standby duties during emergency situations
- Candidates with medical conditions that may have a negative impact on the job will not be considered, e.g. colour blindness.
- Managing complex Scada/substation automation/load control upgrading projects, expansion projects and turn-key contracts, including developing a scope of work and timeframe for each project as well as managing all financial aspects of capital projects, including progress payments, sureties, rate of exchange variations, variation orders, penalties, retention funds and approval of final payment certificates to contractors
- Managing the commissioning and handing over of new SCADA, substation automation and load control to distribution areas and the HV Branch
- Liaising with the Network Control Centre, Distribution Branches and the High Voltage Branch to ensure an effective field service is delivered
- Designing procedures and control systems to ensure effective control of SCADA Field Services processes, including the commissioning of new plant, plant maintenance and project management
- Providing mentorship and training programmes to Learner Technicians, Junior Technicians and Undergraduates.
Please apply online at http://www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise stated.
Posted on 07 Dec 14:31