Senior Professional Officer – Planning
|Location:||Cape Town, Newlands|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||City of Cape Town|
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Community services and health • Planning, development and PMO
Senior professional officer – Planning
TCOE salary commencing from R840,607 per annum • Ref.: PD 3/20 • Newlands
- A professional postgraduate qualification/degree in Town Planning, City and Regional Planning or equivalent (a four-year undergraduate or postgraduate Master’s degree)
- Up to five (5) years’ practical experience in the field of city and regional town planning
- Knowledge of city and regional planning and development theory, planning concepts and local and international best practice
- Ability to interface and engage with politicians, the public, legal fraternity and many other influential groups in complex situations
- A valid driver’s licence would be an advantage.
- Providing integrated forward planning and metro-wide facilities planning for the Community Services and Health Directorate
- Ensuring alignment with corporate strategy and policy relating to forward planning and development
- Undertaking the assessment, preparation and submissions of planning and development applications impacting on the Community Services and Health Directorate
- Providing precinct/integrated facility planning targeted towards the provision of new major capital projects, upgrades or extensions of a strategic, cross-cutting or complex nature within the Community Services and Health Directorate
- Coordinating and facilitating processes relating to the preparation of plans, strategies, policies and guidelines, including the preparation and motivation of budget allocations
- Ensuring stakeholder engagement and participation in the identification, development and adoption of plans, strategies, policies, guidelines and projects.
Please apply online at http://www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants), unless otherwise stated.
Posted on 14 Dec 11:40