At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Financial Planning & Analysis (FINPL) – Pact strives for a world where all people are heard, capable, and vibrant. The Financial Planning & Analysis helps realize this objective by: Providing financial forecasting, analyses, and strategic oversight; Developing business models and financial reports, coordinating the annual corporate budget process; Facilitating strategic decision-making through focused, relevant research, analyses, and communication; Applying organizational policies and regulatory compliance appropriately and consistently; Implementing innovative financial management tactics and methodologies; Contributing to the organization’s ability to think and act strategically; Inspiring and spreading our desired organizational culture across the global enterprise.
The Senior Finance Officer is directly responsible to and supervised by the Finance and TLA Manager, Pact SA. The Senior Finance Officer is mainly responsible for the disbursement function, bank and balance sheet reconciliations, as well as raising all documentation for the aforementioned functions.
· Review and ensure that all Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT’s) requests are uniquely numbered to facilitate future queries and audit trails;
· Ensure that the relevant documents required by policy are attached to all EFT requests;
· Ensure that the PO (Purchase Orders) are matched to invoices and the billing detail verified;
· Resolve any discrepancies between PO’s and invoices and track expenses paid against PO’s;
· Ensure VAT compliance on tax invoices;
· Ensure that creditor reconciliations are performed before payments are done;
· Update and maintain the recurring payments schedule and ensure that the recurring payments are paid timeously.
· Ensure that all GL account codes and payments are accurately captured in Serenic.
· Daily posting of purchase orders, advances on Serenic.
· Posting payment journals on Serenic for the reconciliation of payments made.
· Identify and add into the banking system any vendor that are being paid for the first time through banking system.
· Load payments onto the banking integrator and circulate supporting documents for payments approval.
· Weekly reconciliation of Serenic bank balances against bank statements.
· Monthly bank reconciliations of all bank accounts.
· Petty Cash spot checks and supervision.
· Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reconciliation
· Raising and monitoring of prepayments and accruals.
· Queries and follow ups pertaining to balance sheet items.
· Create correcting entries in Serenic
· Compile a list of all outstanding tax invoices for the relevant month to be filed with month end.
· Draw VAT report from Serenic after the month has been closed.
· Reconcile Serenic VAT GL account to the monthly cash books, investigate any discrepancies and do the necessary corrections.
· Ensure VAT Refunds are recorded. And submitted on SARS e-filling.
· Compile annual VAT report for USAID
· Ensure compliance with SARS VAT regulations.
· Prepare correcting and reclass entries and capture in Serenic
· Review and sign off, per diem calculations, travel reconciliations.
· Check the Intercompany Billing Notes (IBN) for accuracy and posting.
· Prepare the monthly exchange rate, per diem rates and mileage rates.
· Send out notification of approved monthly rates by first working day of a month.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Financial Management, Accounting or Internal Auditing;
- Three to six (3-6) years’ work experience in an accounting position and have had exposure to the full accounting function;
- Experience working with USAID funded project is a plus;
- Have good working knowledge of accounting packages;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Package (Ms Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Strong attention to detail and work accurately under pressure;
- Should be in possession of a valid driver’s license and own car
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.