Senior DTP Operator
|Location:||Cape Town, Durbanville|
ZaPOP is looking for a senior DTP operator who will be responsible for maintaining a high level of pre- and post-production quality standards; ensuring that all approved artwork is print-ready.
As a senior DTP operator, you should be fully skilled in multiple computer design applications in Adobe CS. As a DTP Operator, you must be able to come up with creative solutions to monthly campaigns and other printing paraphernalia.
Generating POS elements will be an essential part of this role. The Ideal candidate must have knowledge of traditional printing processors, checking colours and editing images.
Edit text by correcting its spelling, punctuation, and grammar and work with others including writers, editors, and our creative team of strategists and graphic designers to compile innovative in-store POS solutions.
We are looking for a senior DTP operator with extensive experience (approximately five+ years).
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Knowledge of printing techniques and the printing preparation process.
- Proficiency in using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Coral draw X6.
- Self-management, handling daily tasks in an organised accurate manner.
- Experience in work at a printing / publishing house or other advertising agencies is highly desirable.
- Due to the nature of the business, the ability to put in extra hours.
- Methodical working style.
- Concentration, accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Tact and diplomacy for negotiating changes.
- All jobs must be checked and feedback must be provided within 24 hours of receiving artwork.
- Support creative and sales teams in technical problem solving with client requirements.
- Ensure there’s no work delay, as it impacts the costing and client satisfaction.
- Select proper way of material preparation to align with printing techniques.
- Have a sense of artistic taste and proportion and use this when preparing the material for printing.
- Be passionate about the work and a driver for high artistic standards.
- Take an active interest in printing trends in communication and the graphic arts.
- Be able to seamlessly switch between projects.
- Have an eagerness to find solutions to problems.
- Be ready and eager to bring innovation into the projects.
- Play a supportive role to creative and sales teams in terms of DTP.
- Review text, graphics, or other materials created by writers and designers.
- Edit graphics, such as images or illustrations.
- Submit or upload final files for printing.
- Matric/Grade 12 essential
- Minimum five years’ experience as DTP operator
- Minimum three years’ experience in digital printing environment
- DTP/graphic design diploma (with relevant programmes)
- Attention to detail - being thorough in completing work tasks.
- Innovation - creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
- Dependability - being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Adaptability / flexibility - being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety.
- Independence - developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Stress tolerance - dealing with high stress situations calmly and effectively.
If you have not heard back from us within two weeks, your application was unfortunately not successful.
Posted on 12 Apr 11:54