|Remuneration:||R20000 – R25000 per month Basic salary|
Job descriptionCHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation South Africa
Area: National office in Rivonia
Position: Proposal writer
Report to: Business development manager
Duration: One year fixed contract (renewable based on performance)
Start date: 01 April 2020
This position will fall within the business development unit and will be responsible for working with members of the senior management team in conceptualising and writing funding proposals, concept notes and marketing materials to be distributed during the fundraising cycle.
Key performance areas:
- Work with the business development manager and members of the senior management team to identify key priority areas
- Write high-quality grant proposals, concepts and applications focusing on CHOC core programmes
- Write marketing materials to be used in the fundraising cycle, i.e. information sheets on CHOC and the core programmes, aimed at corporates, SMMEs and individuals
- Gather proposal information by identifying sources of information, i.e. management team, programme staff, existing materials/resources
- Work with the business development manager and finance and administration manager to put together proposal budgets
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval and submission
The minimum requirements for the post are:
- Qualification : A tertiary qualification in journalism, communications or related field
- Experience: A minimum of three years of experience in proposal writing in a non-profit sector
- Attributes :
- Passion for the non-profit’s work
- Training and on-the-job experience
- Resourcefulness as a self-motivated, tenacious researcher
- People skills
- Multi-tasking and prioritising skills
- Administrative skills, both big picture and nitty-gritty details
- Ability to learn from rejection and persist
- Confidence based on knowledge and preparation
- Language proficiency : Fluency in English
- Other : A good working knowledge of MS Office Package
- Certified copy of your identity document/passport
- Two samples of your own writing
- Certified copy of your driver’s licence
- Certified copy of your degree certificate
RequirementsKnowledge and skills:
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Experience with fundraising proposal writing for Corporates, Trusts and Foundations.
- Ability to contribute in a team environment.
Posted on 17 Feb 09:26