Professional Officer - Project Coordination Monitoring
|Company:||City of Cape Town|
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Human settlements. Housing development, built environment management
Professional officer: project coordination monitoring
(contract appointment to 30 June 2025)
Basic salary: R477,652 per annum. Ref no: HSM 18/22 Cape Town Civic Centre
- Relevant BTech / degree in building Environment (Civil Engineering / Project Management/ Construction Management
- Three (3) years’ or more relevant (post-qualification) experience in Civil Engineering/Project Management/Construction Management area
- Knowledge of City’s policies and procedures and relevant legislation
- Professional Driver’s Permit (D): Code B
- Computer literacy
- The physical attributes required for the performance of tasks associated with specific key performance areas in this post necessitate that the incumbent be physically fit and able-bodied.
Key performance areas:
- Provide project management and project administration support to the Senior Professional Officer (SPO) and Manager with all project-related tasks including maintenance of internal systems such as the Project Portfolio Management System (PPM)
- Monitor and report to the line manager project progress, cashflow and budget requirements on capital integrated Human Settlements projects
- Perform site inspections and produce relevant technical reports to the line manager on projects by monitoring, evaluating and reporting individual project progress against individual project plans and expenditure plans in order to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget
- Assess and monitor the quality of infrastructure as an independent by evaluating individual projects against project benefits and project specifications to ensure projects achieve their individual target goals
- Ensure compliance of state funded projects as an independent in order to ensure that the project/s within the relevant programme technically complies with the USDG, HSDG and ISUPG policy framework, Municipal Finance Management Act (MFMA), and the Division of Revenue Act (DORA) conditions
- Assess state funded projects in order to ensure compliance with all legal specifications and regulations
- Perform functional administration to ensure all correspondence is dealt with timeously and all administrative documentation (e.g. reports) are accessible (to authorised persons) and safely secured i.e. compliant with the Archive Act and Record Management policy and procedures in order to ensure that substantial evidence and project related documents can be available for scrutiny at all times
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders and within the Unit.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process .
Closing date: 17 June 2022
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Posted on 06 Jun 15:12, Closing date 17 Jun