Professional Officer - Design and Contracts
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||The City of Cape Town|
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Water and waste - water and sanitation - technical services - engineering and asset management
Professional officer: design and contracts
Basic salary: R453,794 per annum - ref no: WS 100/22 - various and future vacancies
- Relevant BTech or first degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Two (2) to five (5) years’ relevant experience as per KPAs
- Valid Code B/EB driver’s licence
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite and SolidWorks
- Project management experience.
Key performance areas:
- Perform professional functions associated with Mechanical projects
- Assist with compiling tender documentation and specifications for maintenance and capital projects
- Participate in root cause assessments of systems and equipment
- Participate in investigations, capture and analysis of data, conduct surveys, analyse results
- Generate basic / concept / detail design documentation
- Monitor compliance with contractual terms and conditions, standards, procedures, regulations and specifications
- Perform ad hoc factory and site inspections and audits
- Oversee contract expenses within planned projects and monitor expenditure against the approved budget allocation
- Interact with Department and Project Team to ensure the efficient communication.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process .
Closing date: 22 July 2022
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Posted on 11 Jul 13:26, Closing date 22 Jul