Principal Professional Officer - GMR2
|Remuneration:||R1026140 - R1427026 per year Basic salary|
|Location:||Cape Town, Bellville|
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||The City of Cape Town|
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
TCOE: SALARY COMMENCING FROM R1 026 140 - R1 427 026 PER ANNUM &• REF NO: WS 41/21 &• WATER AND SANITATION HEAD OFFICE, BELLVILLE
- BTech or an Engineering degree (preferably Mechanical) with a Government Certificate of Competency
- Professional registration will serve as an advantage
- At least eight (8) years’ appropriate maintenance and supervision of machinery experience, involving sound working knowledge of relevant legislation, policy, procedures, best practice and machinery safety at managerial level
- Demonstrated experience in safety management systems, with knowledge of and experience in OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and SAP EHS systems will serve as an advantage
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and think independently; provide machinery safety strategic direction; and effectively and efficiently organise, analyse, set goals, administer, guide, integrate and implement systems, plans, standards and procedures
- Proficiency and competency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and SharePoint
- A valid driver’s licence with own reliable transport and the ability to travel extensively to city sites.
- Developing, formulating, implementing and managing integrated safety plans/strategies/ standards/policies/procedures
- Liaising with the applicable Water and Sanitation Branch Management and monitoring, leading, guiding, assisting, mentoring, coaching and instructing GMR 2(7)(a) activities, as and when needed
- Managing machinery safety risk identification, assessment and performance management
- Inspecting plant and machinery at various water and sanitation sites (treatment plants, pump stations, workshops, etc.) in order to ensure machinery safety, mandatory statutory inspection and tests, required record keeping, etc.
Closing date: 30 April 2021
Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
Posted on 20 Apr 11:15