PR/Events Coordinator - Fashion
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Cape Union Mart - Head Office|
Job descriptionOur Marketing Department is in search of a PR Coordinator who will act as a brand custodian for Old Khaki, Poetry and Tread+Miller. The incumbent will be responsible for creating and maintaining the organisation's public image by handling all internal and external communication with stakeholders, suppliers and media. This person will be responsible for creating, managing and executing a PR strategy aligned to our strategic marketing objectives. If you believe this is you, why not match your passion for Marketing and Fashion with a career in our company’s dynamic retail environment.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Drive and implement the annual PR & events strategy, including; budgeting, scheduling, time plans and reporting.
- Liaison and coordination with the various PR and events agencies, as well as other various stakeholders
- Management and hosting of strategic events and brand activations
- Liaison, coordination and relationship management with the media
- Building and leveraging strategic brand ambassador relationships
- Developing and implementing an influencer marketing strategy that dovetails the Digital Marketing strategies.
- Evaluate and manage value adding sponsorships
- A tertiary qualification is essential in PR or similar field (marketing, corporate communication, events management, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years Agency/Corporate or other relevant work experience (retail/fashion advantageous)
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to write reports and press releases.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills with the ability to continuously grow and enhance both on/off line networks
- A confident team collaborator who is self-driven and highly organized; able to manage conflicting priorities and work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite with strong organisational and administrative skills
- Knowledge of Ornico media tracking tool or similar platforms
- Knowledge of influencer marketing platforms, e.g. Webfluential, Upfluence or similar tools.
- Proven track record of events management including budgets, scheduling and events administration.
- Competent social media user, highly familiar with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram with a clear understanding of how to track and measure success on these platforms.
- Marketing knowledge and commercial awareness to PR within the retail sphere is essential, as well as strong affinity for our Fashion brands: Old Khaki, Poetry and Tread+Miller.
- A valid driver’s licence and own car is essential
Please note: The Cape Union Mart Group is committed to transformation. Appointments and promotions will be made based on candidates who best meet the requirements for the position. Preference will be given to candidates who will enhance the diversity of the team, aligned to our Employment Equity plan.
Posted on 26 Apr 14:12, Closing date 25 May