PR Account Manager: Consumer Portfolio
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
One of South Africa’s largest and most established Public Relations consultancies has a fantastic job opportunity for a PR Account Manager in Cape Town. We are looking for a stellar candidate to join their Consumer PR Team working a fabulous portfolio of clients including retail, cosmetics and more. Your job as PR Account Manager will include client liaison and management of status reports, media relations, media lists, writing and editing of copy, distributing editorial content to journalists, managing events and promotions, influencer management, social media management, packing of media drops, budgeting and admin – and more! The ideal candidate has a can-do attitude and a passion for excellence. If you're not scared of hard work, have PR agency experience and a passion for influencer management, social media and traditional PR, we would love to hear from you.
- Client liaison, Status reports and Traffic management including robust project management skills, meeting deadlines and time management
- Pitching press releases and feature ideas to journalists
- Prepare reports and ensuring that they're concise, accurate and presentable
- Write media briefs, press releases, news stories, articles, case studies and product pieces
- Management of influencers and proofing content
- Budgets and manage the supplier payment process
- Organise and assist with events and promotions
- Brainstorm and research fresh ideas for PR campaigns.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Minimum diploma or undergraduate degrees- such as BCom, BA or BTech - with major in Journalism, Social Science, English, Marketing Communication, Communications, Public Relations or relevant field
- Experience in traditional PR, influencer management and social media
- Minimum of three years’ experience in PR agency, journalism, content marketing, advertising, copywriting or brand communications
- Retail/FMCG consumer PR experience - preferable
- Proficient with Chase software, Newsclip, Meltwater, Novus or Ornico
- Certificate/high proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Sound media relations skills, including good knowledge of the South African media landscape
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Outstanding communication and people abilities
- Reliability and efficiency
- A self-starter and independent worker
- Highly organised and pays attention to small details
- Curious (loves to learn, broad general knowledge and love for social media and PR)
- A strong communicator, highly collaborative and a team player.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 13 Jan 14:08, Closing date 14 Mar
+27 21 422 1037