|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Pension / Provident fund|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Company:||Caxton Local Media|
Job descriptionThe Northglen News has a vacancy for a multi-media journalist.
We are looking for a young, enthusiastic person to join our newsroom and share our passion for keeping our readers informed and entertained in print and online.
Company DescriptionThe Northglen News has heart. Its editor and staff have passion, tenacity and character. And as we venture further and further into the electronic realm of journalism, we maintain the old school value of integrity towards the truth and have the courage to tell the story without bias or sensation. We are guided by the needs of modern-day publishing and have firmly entrenched ourselves in various online platforms: Facebook (@northglennews), Twitter (@northglennews), Telegram (060 532 5532) and Instagram (@northglennews). We cover breaking news as it happens online while at the same time highlighting the successes (there are many talented, compassionate people in our area of distribution), and tragedies in our community, the mysteries and the dramas. We write about crime to warn our people to take due care. We have a strong schools’ news section and we inform or community about entertainment, and care about our environment and pets. Tuesdays are heydays in the north Durban community with 27 700 copies of the Northglen News printed and delivered door-to-door - to homes and businesses. Northglen News is the news hub, the village notice board, the mirror and mouthpiece of the Durban North, La Lucia, Glenashley, uMhlanga areas.
- A valid degree or diploma in Journalism or Communication
- At least three year’s work experience in a newsroom
- Excellent language skills, English both written and spoken is required.
- Confident photographer
- Sound knowledge of social media and able to create content including short videos and sound bites for the Northglen News’ website, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube channel.
- Time management skills and able to meet daily deadlines is essential.
- Willingness to work some nights and every second weekend.
- A valid driver’s license and must have your own vehicle.
- Knowledge of the area and contacts in the area is an added advantage.
If you are not contacted for an interview please consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted on 12 Apr 07:53