Marketing Communications Manager - Financial Services
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
Are you a senior Marketing Communications Manager with previous financial services and writing experience? We have a terrific job opportunity for a dynamic individual with these skill sets at a leading financial services company’s Cape Town office. This exciting mid - senior management role is very hands on, and the Marketing Communications Manager will be expected to write content. In this role you will be a member of the Asset Management Executive Committee and will have input into overall business strategy and operational priorities. This position oversees a staff member and reports to the Head of Marketing. We’re looking for someone with experience compiling a quality Marketing Communications Strategy. The ideal candidate must come from a Marketing/Communications background and have handled both internal and external communications within a Marketing department. If your experience meets these criteria, we’d love to see your relevant writing portfolio. Apply today!
Include but are not limited to:
- Overall accountability for Asset Management messaging
- Producing monthly and quarterly client comms, planning and scheduling of authors and topics
- Operational comms (pricing, product, service, admin, awards and internal) and internal staff newsletter
- Liaison with investment team on investment commentary and articles
- Project management of videos and communications projects to deliver on deadline
- Messaging for events
- Input into institutional value proposition
- Pitch packs, due diligences, presentations and sales aids
- Public relations support for the Asset Management division
- Maintenance of Asset Management website content
- Approval of Asset Management advertising creative and media schedule
- Strategy and messaging input to group projects- examples could include forms review, fund fact sheets review, digital content and webinars
- Line management of one resource based within the Asset Management dept including: Quality control of deliverables including annual report, Monthly fund fact sheets/MDDs, forms and communications
- Group public relations and journalist liaison – when required
- Wealth adviser related projects – when required
- Group communications support e.g. HR, Transformation Forum, General policies, regulatory submissions, crisis comms, etc. – when required.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant Diploma/Degree in Marketing
- Minimum 6-8 years’ experience within the financial services industry
- Previous experience within a PR agency environment highly beneficial
- Writing ability, strong communications background and ability to draft content (not just edit and proof-read)
- Proficient in both spoken and written English
- Computer literacy: MS Office (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Bulk communications systems e.g. Everlytic or SendGrid
- Project management skills
- Sound knowledge of investments
- Solid writing skills - Plain language or writing/communications or editorial
- Analytical thinker
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in line with overall Marketing strategy
- Attention to detail and consistency
- Able to build internal and external relationships and network
- Communication skills
- Creative thinker
- Personality and patience in abundance
- Resilience, hard worker, brand-loyal and prioritisation skills
- Bilingual is advantageous
- Writing portfolio – essential
- Practical and pragmatic.
Please submit a relevant writing portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 12 May 15:44, Closing date 11 Jul
+27 21 422 1037