|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionNinety9cents Communications (Pty) Ltd is a full-service, integrated advertising agency with offices in Cape Town & Johannesburg, and is one of South Africa’s largest independently-owned agencies. Led by Group CEO Andrew Brand, the agency’s extensive client base includes leading brands such as Shoprite/Checkers, Ackermans, Puma and the Spur Group to name but a few. Our Cape Town office is looking for a junior proofreader to join their growing team.
Summary of duties include, but are not limited to:
- Proofread and edit all material
- Ensure copy is in line with the style guide of the particular brand (you are working on)
- Translate copy from English to Afrikaans and vice versa
- Check the final sign-off of proofs before it goes to print
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- A good command of both English and Afrikaans languages (superb language skills)
- At least 2 year's working experience in proofreading and editing (translating English and Afrikaans)
- Experience in and knowledge of Adobe InDesign (will be advantageous)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Accountable with good follow-through
- Meticulous with attention to detail
- Willing to work on alcohol brands
- Flexible to work beyond normal working hours (overtime if and when required)
- Willing to work on-site (at the Cape Town office if and when required)
- Driver’s licence with own vehicle
Interested candidates must please submit a concise CV via our online portal. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Should you not hear from us within two weeks after submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
We remain committed to the principles of Employment Equity.
Posted on 01 Apr 10:51