CAPRISA was created in 2001 and formally established in 2002 under the NIH-funded Comprehensive International Program of Research on AIDS (CIPRA) by five partner institutions; University of KwaZulu-Natal, University of Cape Town, University of Western Cape, National Institute for Communicable Diseases, and Columbia University in New York. CAPRISA is a designated UNAIDS Collaborating Centre for HIV Prevention Research.
The Centre for the AIDS Programme of Research in South Africa (CAPRISA) seeks to appoint a IT Support Specialist (IT Technician) to be based at theirHead Office (Durban) .
This is a dynamic, fast-paced environment and the successful individual will provide first line support in resolving IT related requests as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. Traveling between sites will be required as well as after-hours support. The candidate must have a valid driver’s licence and own transport.
Period: 2 year fixed term contract
Qualifications and experience:
- IT related qualification / certification (diploma an advantage)
- MCP, MCSE, A+, N+ preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in the IT field (including supporting networked multifunction printers and setting up emails on mobile devices)
- Windows 10
- Windows Server knowledge
- MS Office & Office 365
- Active Directory Management
- Installation / Configuration / Troubleshooting of PC installations
- Remote support
- Basic server support (Windows based)
- PC / Basic server hardware knowledge
- Basic Network knowledge (Lan/Wan/Wireless)
- Peripheral hardware support
- Provide first line desktop support to all users – orientation and guidance on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Monitor the day-to-day operations of the help desk.
- Assist with Servers, LAN/WAN technologies, computer repair/troubleshooting software, networks, virus protection, Wi-Fi technology, and more
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure resolution.
- Create and manage escalation procedures and ensure service levels are maintained.
- Coordinate referrals to appropriate technical, professional or service personnel for follow-up.
- Contribute to the development of processes and procedures.
- Provide Reporting/Statistics regarding the Help Desk.
- Supervise Asset Management (Asset Management Software and forms)
Personal qualities and competencies:
- Attention to detail with strong analytical ability
- Planning and organising
- High level of customer service
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- A self-starter with ability to operate independently
To apply, go to https://caprisa.erecruit.co
CAPRISA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity