IT Operations Technician - Lamp Stack
A dynamic fintech company seeks a dedicated & presentable IT Operations Technician to deliver exceptional service to its customers. Your core role will be the day-to-day running of IT systems and networks including preparing back-up systems, supporting client software & hardware solutions and performing regular checks to ensure the smooth functioning of systems. The ideal candidate must preferably have a completed A+/N+ Course and a completed N3/N4 Course in Electrical/Electronics, 2-3 years related work experience including managing and maintaining, fault finding & troubleshooting LAMP stack configurations, including terminal knowledge, installing POS terminals, support and troubleshoot installed hardware and software & able to test, repair and service technical equipment with a basic understanding of CCTV and Access Control hardware and software components. You must have a valid Code 8 drivers' licence with your own reliable transport.
- Provide service and customer support during any and all client interactions, be they by phone, remotely, during field visits or dispatches.
- Manage all on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks.
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
- Debug client issues within any one of the software systems.
- Tie workflow to schedule.
- Produce timely and detailed service reports.
- Document processes.
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner and use field automation systems.
- Follow all company filed procedures and protocols.
- Cooperate with Technical Team and share information across the organisation.
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations and/or briefings.
- Build positive relationships with customers.
- Administer, monitor and support internal/external networks, servers, email, database and security systems.
- Configure and set up new server systems.
- Schedule and perform system maintenance tasks, such as loading user applications, programs and data.
- Analyse systems and make recommendations to improve performance.
- Identify problems, agree remedial action and undertake emergency maintenance if required.
- Perform server backup and recovery operations and restart systems following outages.
- Act as a liaison between users, outside suppliers, and other Technical Teams.
- 2-3 Years proven relevant work experience.
- Managing and maintaining LAMP stack configurations, including terminal knowledge.
- Fault finding and troubleshooting of LAMP stack configurations, through an understanding of the logs, etc.
- Automated application deployment solutions.
- Installation of POS terminals (including OS and applications).
- Structured investigation skills, combined with patience and the tenacity to find the issue or the solution.
- Propensity for understanding urgency and prioritising issues and communications accordingly.
- Support and troubleshooting of installed hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment.
- Maintenance and installation of various other hardware solutions and systems as required.
- Basic understanding of CCTV and Access Control hardware and software components. (Installation, fault finding, and maintenance experience is beneficial).
- Familiar with mobile tools and applications.
- Code 8 driver's licence & own reliable transport (Essential).
- Completed A+ or N+ Course.
- Completed N3 / N4 Course (Electrical / Electronics).
- Experience working with Java & Docker.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English & Afrikaans).
- Neat and presentable, reliable and responsible with good problem-solving ability.
- Friendly and polite, so as to provide a positive experience during all interactions.
- Good time keeping skills.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted on 21 Apr 12:24, Closing date 20 May
087 351 0743