JOB TITLE: HVAC Technician – Cape Town
JOB TITLE THIS POSITION REPORTS TO: Project Co Coordinator
START DATE: ASAP
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB PURPOSE: install, repair, maintenance and troubleshooting of commercial HVAC systems
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & COMPETENCIES:
• Grade 12
• NQF level 3 Refrigeration & Air Conditioning or equivalent/higher qualification (advantage).
• Hold a valid Category A SAQCC card.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant post qualification experience.
• Experience of working with all aspects of ventilation, refrigeration and air conditioning equipment. Experience operating within the oil and gas environment (advantage)
Skills and knowledge:
Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning, refrigeration and heating.
Ability to work in confined spaces.
Physically fit and able to work at heights in excess of 2 metres,
Proven ability of applying good environmental practices in tasks performed including the investigation of accidents and incidents, carrying out risk assessments and risk control and complying with health and safety legislation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS ROLE:
1. Maintenance and inspection of ventilation, refrigeration and air conditioning equipment
2. Repairs of ventilation, refrigeration and air conditioning equipment
3. Statutory routine Testing as necessary
4. Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Health and Safety Act pertaining to all works in general and refrigeration equipment in particular.
5. The principal duties of the Refrigeration Mechanic will be the undertaking of inspection and maintenance of HVAC Equipment
6. Repairs as directed by the Site Supervisor
7. New works installations as directed by the Site Supervisor.
8. Initiation of ordering of materials via Procurement
9. Good understanding and working knowledge of codes of practice and good working practice
WORKING HOURS: The company’s ordinary hours of work are 42,5 hours per week. Normal working hours are Monday to Friday 07h30 to 16h30. Working overtime and on weekends and standby will be required.
ANY SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Must be in possession of a valid driver’s licence