Head: OHS and REQ Management
|Company:||City of Cape Town|
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Water and sanitation. Technical services. Engineering and asset management
Head: ohs and req management
Tcoe salary commencing from R1,203,411 to R1,626,957 per annum. Ref no: WS 61/22
- Degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical or Electrical), Safety, Health and Environmental Science or relevant discipline
- Completed NOSA or SAMTRAC will be an advantage
- Government Certificate of Competency will be advantageous
- Professional registration will serve as an advantage
- At least eight (8) years’ appropriate maintenance and supervision of machinery experience, involving sound working knowledge of relevant legislation, policy, procedures, best practice and machinery safety at managerial level
- Demonstrated experience in safety management systems, with knowledge of and experience in OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and SAP EHS systems will serve as an advantage
- Proven appropriate experience at a management level
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and relevant legislations
- Ability to analyse, develop, integrate and implement management systems
- Ability to think independently and provide strategic direction
- A valid driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Manage the Department Occupational Health and Safety; and Risk, Environment and Quality Management for Water Services
- Research and implement Occupational Health and Safety; and Risk, Environment and Quality Management best practices
- Development, implementation and management of an integrated Occupational Health and Safety; and Risk, Environment and Quality Management strategy and plan
- Ensure development and implementation of best practice risk identification and assessment projects in all functional areas of Water Services
- Initiate, decide on, develop and implement specific legal liability projects as deemed necessary to ensure that all legal liability risks are effective addressed
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders and legal consultants
- Ensure the developing, implementing and coordinating of a safety programme integrated with the integrated risk and safety management programme for Water Services
- Ensure the development, implementation and managing of a risk register for Water Services by maintaining a risk information database
- Ensure the development and implementation of an all-inclusive risk and safety awareness programme
- Provide input to Executive and Line Management by advising on and arranging appropriate risk management and safety training to comply with obligations in terms of relevant legislation and policy
- Ensure appropriate coordination and support of IQMS ISO45001 integrated quality standards is in place for the Department.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process .
Closing date: 6 May 2022
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Posted on 25 Apr 15:39, Closing date 6 May