Head of Department - Occupational Programmes
|Location:||Cape Town, Bellville|
Job descriptionKey performance areas:
- Comply with the job description of a head of department: occupational programmes.
- Overall Management of all occupational programmes at the specific campus.
- Co-ordinate nd manage all relevant deadlines as per programme roll-out plans to ensure that the deliverables are met as per Contractual Agreement, SLA, SETA, QCTO and SAQA requirements,
- Management of the administrative processes and procedures associated to the Project
- Programme monthly progress
- Financial situation quarterly
- Coordinate Induction Programmes for Staff and Students
- Manage Monitoring and Evaluation of the Occupational Programmes.
- monitoring and evaluation; strengthening relationships with industry; ensuring that Northlink's programmes are relevant to industry needs; > collaboration: placement of staff and students.
- Assist the Academic Head with matters related to your programmes.
- Manage scheduling of workshops/classes, simulation room, facilitators, assessments and monitoring and evaluation;
- Ensuring sustainability of programs:
- including monitoring absenteeism as per Northlink Policy to ensure that dropouts are minimized; scheduling of facilitators and workshops to ensure optimal utilization of resources; minimize wastage of consumables and materials.
- Create a healthy ethos and working environment conducive to quality training.
- Function efficiently as part of the Campus Management Team.
- Enforce discipline and the Northlink Code of Conduct for staff and students.
- Manage the Quality of Occupational Programme Delivery on Campus.
- Attending of workshops, in order to remain abreast of Industry and Sector Developments.
- This post is an Office-Based post with specific service conditions
Applicants will be subjected to a criminal background check as well as the verification of qualifications.
A complete set of application documents should be submitted separately for every post you wish to apply for. Please ensure that you clearly state the relevant post reference number on your application. Failure to attach the requested documents and incomplete applications will not be considered.
North/ink College is a designated employer in terms of the Employment Equity Act. Appointments will be made according to the Employment Equity Plan of the institution. No absolute barriers will be created against persons from the non-designated groups. The College reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you have not received a reply within sixty (60) days after the closing date, you can consider your application as unsuccessful.
- Relevant three year REQV 13 qualification in a related field. (as per campus offerings) Five years of training experience of which at least two years must have been in a related field. (as per campus offerings)
- Minimum of five years of relevant management experience.
- Sound knowledge of occupational programmes and the legislation associated with them, e.g. learnerships, apprenticeships and accredited skills programmes;
- Sound knowledge of the current TVET College Sector with regard to the new QC TO
- Programmes being introduced.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in working with SETA's and industry.
- Qualified assessor.
- Qualified moderator,
- Bilingual. (English and Afrikaans or Isixhosa) Good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Computer literate.
- Valid Driver's Licence
Posted on 04 Mar 15:09
+27 21 970 9019