Head - Distribution East
|Company:||City of Cape Town|
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Energy And Climate Change - Electric Generation And Distribution
Head: Distribution east
TCOE: Salary Commencing From R1 282 618 Per annum - Ref No: Nrg 34/21
- B degree or BTech degree in Electrical Engineering
- Government Certificate of Competency (Factories – Electrical Engineering)
- Ideally registered as a Professional Engineering or Technologist
- Ten (10) years’ experience in the Electrical Engineering field and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a managerial position
- Working knowledge of electricity distribution technology, maintenance management of electricity networks
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and National Rationalised Specifications (NRS)
- Good knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSACT)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Code EB driver’s licence.
Key performance areas:
- Identifying and defining the immediate, short- and long-term objectives/plans associated with medium and low voltage infrastructure assets
- Directing and controlling the key performance indicators and outcomes of personnel within the Distribution Area
- Implementing procedures, systems and controls to regulate specific work and associated sequences
- Preparing capital and operating estimates and controlling expenditure against the approved budget allocations
- Managing the formulation of specific contracts and tender documents and controls contractual obligations
- Directing and controlling the professional, technical and operational outcomes associated with maintenance on medium and low voltage distribution systems
- Providing engineering support activities to the districts to optimise network availability and to ensure the maintenance of infrastructure is managed optimally
- Providing first line response to the area, through the management of the outage management system.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 16 July 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Posted on 05 Jul 10:42