Group Human Capital Executive
|Job level:||Management Snr|
|Company:||Cape Union Mart|
Job descriptionAn opportunity has become available for a professional, adaptable, trustworthy, passionate and innovative Group Human Capital Executive who is people-centric and who has the ability to align with the company vision and culture, while challenging, motivating, and developing self and team in order to attract, train, care for, retain and inspire the best people.
The primary function of this role is to execute holistic Human Capital solutions that support the Group’s strategic objectives and strengthens the relationship with employees. Key areas include driving and maintain the Group’s culture and team member experiences, growing the Group’s employer brand and attracting and retaining the best talent in the market. Our Company Culture is what makes us unique, and this role plays an integral part in ensuring that this strategic objective is met.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Works in close partnership with the Group Human Capital Leadership team, to develop and implement group-wide strategies and objectives to support operational and strategic human resource plans.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to key stakeholders, partnering on all matters related to people, culture and transformation and provides sound people advice, insight and guidance.
- Assesses, initiates and improves the effective delivery of human capital practices and solutions, whilst integrating and sharing best practices to ensure the achievement of Group goals in line with Group strategy.
- Critically evaluates and is responsible for the relevance and effectiveness of company policies and procedures from a legal, regulatory and ethical standpoint to ensure ethical practice is in line with local labour legislation and in turn reinforces the organisations ethical climate and organisational effectiveness.
- Manages employee relations (I.R.), ensuring compliance with regulations, managing budgets, assess staffing needs, attract, hire and retain top talent, design training programs and develop compensation plans
- Develop programs and practices to improve employee morale, job satisfaction and employee retention, enhance safety and wellness
- Delivers and executes the transformation agenda which includes the development of plans and support to the leadership to ensure the Group is experienced as a place of diversity and inclusivity.
- Responsible for the effective management and delivery of all human practices and processes including recruitment, total reward, learning and development, talent management, employee assistance, and performance management.
- Forecasting staffing needs, mitigating risks, structuring benefit packages, maintaining employee records, managing budgets, designing accountability mechanisms, and overseeing overall employment needs.
- Mentoring, coaching and development of an aligned, professional and proactive Human Capital team who deliver against the agreed human resources and business deliverables.
- Manages key stakeholder relationships, internally and externally (across the cluster, the broader Group, key external service providers, industry peers).
- Ensuring an effective Learning & Development strategy and plan is developed and executed that delivers suitable learning solutions to stakeholders across the group
- A Master’s qualification is essential
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Human Resource Management / Industrial Psychology or similar is critical
- Minimum of 10 years of proven experience in a similar HR role is required. HR experience within a Retail environment is important.
- Experience leading a high-performance Human Capital department is essential
- Sound knowledge and understanding of all SA Labour Legislation is important: LRA, BCEA, SD9, EEA, B-BBEE, SDA, SDLA
Strong experience and sound understanding of best practices and trends in the following categories is essential for this role:
- Recruitment & selection
- Induction and Onboarding
- Talent and performance management
- Facilitating effective employer/e and industrial relation practices
- Best practice offboarding processes
- Consulting and advisory
- Human Resource Information Systems
- Payroll and remuneration practices and systems
- SARS and Tax processes and requirements
- Benefit principles
- Microsoft Office proficiency is a key requirement
- Preference will be given to candidates with an intermediate to advance working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- A valid driver’s license (your own car is required)
Key Skills and Competencies
- Flexible and adaptable when facing tough calls
- Can act appropriately and objectively depending on the situation and to be seen as balance despite the conflicting demands of the situation
- Work in close partnership and engage with relevant business stakeholders (Relating and Networking)
- An emotionally socially intelligent, inspiring leader of leaders
- Communicates persuasively and confidently to influence and negotiate positive outcomes
- Analyse business data to execute the strategy to achieve business objectives
- An effective team player & team leader with the ability to identify skills, knowledge and competencies for roles within team
- People-centric & focused on customer service and diversity
- Results & solution focused
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Resilient & tenacious in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Ability to prioritize, manage your time, maintain high levels of drive & initiative while under pressure
- Methodical, detail-orientated & accurate
- Ability to manage & resolve problems & conflict
- Proactive, innovative, passionate, committed, self-motivated, driven and trustworthy
- Tech savvy
Posted on 23 Mar 13:46