We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Capital, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Data Insights and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their whole selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 450+ people from 50 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with 40%+ female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners and communities.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 26 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.
You are passionate about giving shape to new ideas and helping them take hold and inspire action. Well-versed in both business and cultural conversations, you are also familiar with development industry media, and you are comfortable calling on connections in your network in addition to names you might not yet know. In parallel, you have a proven track record of growing social media following and spearheading initiatives that lead to greater audience engagement and overall interest, in line with organizational strategy and goals. You are a global thinker and collaborator with excellent short- and long-form writing skills, able to comfortably switch between quick, punchy posts and longer, explanatory pieces. Sound judgment, commitment, persistence, and optimism define the way you approach your work, along with a deep curiosity about what makes ideas spread. You thrive in pilot mode, with an inherent desire to prototype and iterate until an effective solution is reached.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- At least 6 years of relevant experience, with a minimum of 2 years spent as part of a global communications team
- Strong writing and editing skills across multiple formats, including impeccable English grammar and editing skills, and a sharp editorial eye
- At least 3 years of media relations experience, including proactive pitching and story development, with exposure to media outlets across multiple global regions
- Familiarity with development media, and connections to outlets in the development space
- Demonstrated ability to grow social media following and create engaging, multi-format campaigns, with the ability to identify and reach relevant audiences in meaningful ways
- Passion for development-related issues, including economic development, public health, education, and environmental topics
- Professionalism, initiative, sound judgment, and maturity, with the confidence and clarity of thinking required to engage senior stakeholders
- Sensitivity to the political and cultural environment of international public agencies and other complex organizations
- Able to evaluate resources and balance priorities based on business needs
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail, with the ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in both startups and larger organizations, as well as agency and in-house roles
- Experience living and working in different cultures (time spent in developing countries strongly preferred)
- Foreign language skills (French and/or Spanish proficiency preferred)
WHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROW
Serving as a core member of Dalberg’s Global Communications Team, you will support Dalberg in raising its profile and extending its ideas into relevant business, industry, and country conversations. You will serve as the main point of contact for press relationships and media inquiries. You will draw on your superior content-creation and relationship-building skills to forge connections to people, projects, and media outlets around the world. Proactive story shaping and pitching, as well as ongoing journalist relationship development, will be a part of your day-to-day work, alongside the production of Dalberg’s newsletters and other external publications. In tandem, as the main driver of social media content, planning, and strategy, you will be responsible for designing and executing campaigns that elevate examples of groundbreaking work and align with overall business strategy and ambitions. You will seek to establish yourself as a storytelling and campaign design partner for teams across Dalberg, and at times, you will work directly with clients to accomplish mutually beneficial communications and marketing objectives.
- Serve as the main point of contact for media enquiries, and play a key role in creating media pitches and engaging journalists in the story of Dalberg’s work and initiatives.
- Create Dalberg’s social media strategy, draft and post daily updates across multiple social channels, and track social media analytics.
- Cultivate media relationships at key local, regional, international, and industry outlets.
- Provide media interview background and preparation for Dalberg spokespeople, and serve as a liaison between Dalberg and external sources.
- Design and maintain a dynamic media database that allows Dalberg to deploy its stories in an effective and efficient way across markets and geographies
- Collaborate closely with regional communications teams and offices on priority initiatives and communications needs.
ABOUT OUR CLIENTS
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as DFID and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency.
JOIN OUR TEAM
This position can be based out of any of Dalberg’s global locations.
Your application should include a resume, cover letter, and both a short- and long-form writing sample.
During the same recruitment period, please only apply to one position at Dalberg. This position should be the role best suited to your current professional experience and to your first preference location. You will have the opportunity to rank your next 2 location preferences within your application, in case there are openings in other offices.
Candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for a number of interviews to test analytical and conceptual thinking skills through consulting case questions, and to discuss interests and experience. A candidate’s specific title and level of entry will be assessed during the interview process.