|Company:||City of Cape Town|
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. In line with the City’s corporate employment equity and diversity strategy, equity policy, plan and targets, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups.
Economic opportunities and asset management. Property management
Basic salary: R369,348 per annum • Ref no: EOA 62/21. Civic Centre Cape Town
- Relevant national diploma in geo-information/informatics or geomatics science
- One (1) to two (2) years’ experience required within GIS environment
- Proficient working knowledge with ESRI’s ArcGIS Desktop Software and ESRI’s web environment
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft and related packages
- Project management experience will be advantageous
- A valid Code B/EB driver’s licence.
- Registration as a GIS Technician with the South African Geomatics Council will be advantageous.
Key performance areas :
- Projects : Conducting and managing GIS projects within Property Management
- Maintanance: Updating Property Management Spatial data and ensuring visibility in the relevant GIS web Viewers
- Map production, modelling and imaging: Creating maps and geospatial reports relevant to Property Management’s key datasets
- General: Performing administrative tasks in order to assist with abnormal tasks that from time to time might arise.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
C losing date: 3 December 2021
- Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
- Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
- Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
- Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
- Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
- No late applications will be considered.
- If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Posted on 22 Nov 10:34, Closing date 3 Dec