|Remuneration:||negotiable To be discussed|
Job descriptionApplications are invited for the above-indicated vacancy within Newzroom Afrika. The incumbent will report to the facilities manager .
The incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day house-keeping, general maintenance of the building and other handyman duties undertaken with respect to the company's planned maintenance and emergency work schedule.
- Ensure that compliance is maintained within accordance with statutory regulations and standards
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of the building and carrying out general maintenance or other duties as directed and as per the maintenance plan
- Inspect the building and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions in need of repair
- Minimize maintenance disruptions to the running of business
- Adequately respond to maintenance requests and perform the tasks in a timely manner
- Respond adequately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and inform the Health and Safety team of any hazard/s.
- Experience in using manual and electrical tools
- Ensuring the cleaning activities in and around the perimeters of building is well kept.
- Oversee the upkeep of garden and removal of rubble and unwanted items in and around the office/building
- Perform installations, assembling, fittings, repairs and replacements as needed
- Analyse repair requests’ and troubleshoot them
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations and monitor external service providers on site.
- Assisting in maintaining adequate stock levels of consumables and safeguarding of tools
- Must be able to give timeously and efficient responses/feedback to complaints/queries received
- Complete work order records and files relating to maintenance paperwork
- Liaise with service providers in line with orders and or any other services aligned
- Oversee and ensure all sub-contractors leave the area in a clean and tidy state when the work is completed
- Responsible for housekeeping of storeroom
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own reliable transport.
- Travel between the office and external storage facilities to collect or store assets.
- Ability to work after hours and on weekends when required
- Knowledge of standard Health and Safety protocols will be required
Skills and competencies
- Must have completed Grade 12
- Technical diploma or Certificate in maintenance/handyman course/s. Knowledge of General Safety principles.
- At least three-year experience in a maintenance / facilities environment
- Proven experience as a maintenance and facilities assistant
- Good organizational skills and active approach (great customer service)
- Must be able to work independently or with a team
- Physical stamina and dexterity. Able to carry heavy items
- Be fit (able to work up and down stairs)
- Attention to detail and problem solver
- Ability to take instructions
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication and administrative skills
- Administration and organisational skills;
- Results-orientated, adheres to deadlines;
- Assertive, ability to remain calm under pressure and resolve conflict;
- Self-motivated and energetic;
- Team player, approachable, receptive to feedback from others.
Company DescriptionNewzroom Afrika is a premier South African 24-hour TV news channel broadcasting in Southern Africa, East and West Africa.
Posted on 20 May 11:30