|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Company:||Vega School – Cape Town Campus|
Job descriptionCode/reference: FACILI04
Applications accepted until: 2020-10-31
Number of openings: 1
Campus/business unit: Vega School – Cape Town Campus
Direct reporting line: Campus head
Job Purpose: Responsible for general coordination and supervision of all matters pertaining to the smooth, efficient and professional running of all grounds, maintenance and contracted support services of the campus.
Education: Technical Senior Certificate or equivalent is preferred.
- Drivers license and own vehicle required.
- Hands on, proactive, hard worker that can work on own initiative.
- Ability to take instruction and constructive criticism and work independently by following written and verbal instructions.
- Organisational, supervisory and communication skills.
- Proven computer literacy competence – MS Word; MS Excel; Outlook.
- Able to solve problems and respond to needs as they arise.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong mechanical and handyman knowledge base with the ability to use hand and power tools and basic machinery.
- Basic electrical knowledge which includes being able to identify phases, and basic electrical components.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including the ability to work with various individuals and groups.
- Must be physically capable of performing the job.
- Knowledge of Plumbing, Electrical, and Carpentry are preferred.
- Three to four years' facilities experience
- Handyman experience
- Strong administrative skills
- Supervisory experience preferred (ideally of maintenance staff)
- Assist with Internal and External OHS audits and maintain OHS file in accordance to regulatory requirements.
- Understanding of company loss control policy and advising campus management with implementation of measures in order to be compliant.
- Assist with scheduling, coordinating and recording of fire evacuations at least twice per year.
- Coordinating and ensuring OHS information as required by ADvTECH Group OHS and Intercyte online platform is up to date and maintained.
- Reporting of any OHS related incidents timeously to OHS Officer e.g: security breaches or injuries on duty. .
- Daily, weekly and monthly inspection of buildings, identification of problems, organization of repairs and replacements. Keeping checklists up to date.
- Maintenance and repairs: Assessing both internal and external maintenance and repair requirements and reporting to management.
- Doing basic handyman work where and when required.
- Meeting or liaising with service providers and or contractors with quotes and advising campus management.
- Co-ordinating and assisting the contracted cleaning team and general assistants to ensure campus cleanliness & operational readiness on a daily basis e.g: Open days, Showcase, Brand Challenges, workshops etc.
- Co-ordinating security of campuses including alarm, guards, lockup and access control.
- Liaising with contractors for maintenance and servicing of indoor plants, mats, water coolers, fire equipment air conditioners, generators, elevators and any other 3rdparty service providers.
- Gardens and outdoor pause areas: ensuring high standards are maintained.
- Ensuring all lecture venues, pause areas and stock rooms are well maintained, organised and cleaned.
- Coordinating maintenance of equipment and informing IT department of any relevant IT maintenance requirements as needed.
- Update Asset / Stock Control and registers.
- Assisting Principals and / or designated senior staff member with any ad hoc facilities operational related tasks and handyman work as required.
- Attending staff meetings and planning meetings with outside contractors, service providers and landlords if and when required.
- Assist with campus event set up.
- In addition to these typical duties, may perform other duties as assigned and required.
Equity Statement: Preferably equity candidates.
Please note that only candidates who meet the requirements will be considered for this role. Only successful candidates will be contacted within two weeks of applying. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of applying consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted on 16 Oct 12:37