Executive Business Content Producer
Newzroom Afrika is seeking an e xecutive business content producer for its dynamic newsroom.
Applications are invited for the above-indicated vacancy within Newzroom Afrika. The incumbent will report to the b usiness editor.
The e xecutive business content producer is a key member of the business desk, who ensures that business newsgathering is done in a timely, accurate, and engaging manner. Under the leadership of the Business Editor, the Executive Business Content Producer will shape and create news coverage that sets Newzroom Afrika apart from other broadcasters in South Africa and beyond.
- Gather business information, stories, and pieces throughout the day.
- Add business stories and elements that will make the broadcast more attractive.
- Ensure broadcast is within time limits.
- Attend diary meetings and make strategic inputs
- Assist the editorial team in determining the newsroom’s strategic vision.
- Work closely with the Online Editor and the entire online team, Assignment editors.
- Ensure that there is a constant flow of fresh business stories
- Ability to proofread and edit pieces.
- Perform business research on local, national, and international affairs to stay updated with current events.
- Identify guests for business content
- Ability to proofread and edit pieces
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Communication skills
- Prepare anchors for business content
- Ability to perform efficiently under pressure
- A firm grasp of current affairs, both local and international
- Excellent knowledge of media law and ethics
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage conflict
- Produce business breaking news reports
- Excellent writing skills
- Characteristics and competencies
- Great attention to detail
- Deadline driven
- Innovative with strong problem-solving abilities
- Use of the latest tech platforms to host meetings
- Self-motivated, passionate, and punctual
- Fast thinker and fast worker
- Must be agile and accurate under pressure
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to embrace change
- Optimising content and technology
- Clear knowledge, expertise of content life cycle, content management systems and process
- Ability to collaborate at all levels
- Ability to work well within the team
Skills and competencies
- Seven+ extensive working experience covering business news
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Strong Editorial background and skills
- Show excellent news judgment
- Good leadership skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Leading and managing the team
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and a can-do attitude to work
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Team Player
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Deadline driven
- Adaptability and flexibility in a changing environment
- Viewer centric
Company DescriptionNewzroom Afrika is a premier South African 24-hour TV news channel broadcasting in Southern Africa, East, and West Africa.
Posted on 17 Nov 08:47, Closing date 25 Nov