Ethical Audits Admin Assistant
|Remuneration:||R13500 – R15000 per month|
- We are a leading UK NGO whose purpose is to improve working conditions and livelihoods of workers and producers in African supply chains.
- We are client-focused and positively engage with our clients to identify, address and report on social, environmental and governance (ESG) issues in their organisation and supply chains and adopt responsible business practices.
- We work with companies, communities and government to achieve our mission.
- We employ local staff that are experts in local regulations, standards, labour laws and working practices. This ensures that the services we offer are worker accessible and culturally sensitive.
- We take a people-centered approach to our work and use participatory approaches to understand ESG issues from a worker’s perspective.
- We have expertise in a number of international business and human rights standards and adopt the human rights due diligence framework of the UNGP’s as the bedrock of our advice to clients.
Key Tasks that this role involves:
Supporting Ethical Auditors:
- Keeping auditor calendars up to date with all information required for preparation for audits.
- Responsible for the booking and management of audit related logistical activities for associates and lead auditors, including but not limited to flights, hotel, transport including car hire, using a cost comparative analysis
- Manage other audit related logistics such as visa application etc
- Reviewing the travel booking process for auditors, always ensuring that the most convenient and cost-effective routes are taken.
- Maintaining a existing labour law library for each country, keeping master copies of all labour law documents and maintaining the filing process.
- Review Auditor invoices weekly / monthly and approve for payment
- Working closely with audit coordinators on coordination of audits in Southern Africa, ensuring client deadlines are met and audits are done in correct timeframes.
- Proactively following up client activity, especially dealing with scheduling, prompt feedback on issues, routine report generation and tracking of audits and assessments; including the follow up audit scheduling to ensure timely preparation and execution.
- Ensuring timely communication between clients and the audit team.
- Creating and maintaining an accurate client database for Audits and Assessments on Salesforce database.
- Updating the audit team (staff and associates) on the status of pipeline audits and assessments versus targets for their regions.
- Uploading new and follow-up assignments on Salesforce and ensuring that all the information uploaded is accurate.
- Liaising with the Head of Audits to ensure that all the new contacts received from clients, associates and lead auditors are maintained and that all the required details are uploaded on Salesforce database.
- Makes decisions within guidelines in the absence of the Head of Audits such as deciding on issues to be forwarded, acted upon urgently or can be dealt with by other staff.
- Providing the head of audits with a weekly report on outstanding actions from clients, scheduled audits, follow up audits needed and areas of concern.
- Managing outgoing mail and other correspondence for existing and new clients according to needs arising.
- Liaising with the head of audits to ensure that all the new contacts received from clients, associates and lead auditors are maintained and that all the required details are uploaded on Salesforce database.
- Makes decisions within guidelines in the absence of the head of audits such as deciding on issues to be forwarded, acted upon urgently or can be dealt with by other staff.
- Responding to information requests received in person by email and telephone.
- Any relevant administrative assistance as required by head of audits.
- High levels of drive, integrity, initiative, motivation, commitment and professionalism
- Ability to work remotely, independently and an ability to work with minimum supervision
- Workload prioritization and ability to meet deadlines in a pressured environment.
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Minimum: one to three year hands on experience in planning, coordination and reporting on services delivered in a busy private sector setting. Previous experience in scheduling of audits or social compliance audits will be an advantage.
- MS Word, Excel (intermediate/advance) and Powerpoint
- Sedex and Salesforce will be an advantage
- Multitasking skills and the ability to act on their own initiative, as well as the ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrable flexibility and ability to work in a multi-cultural team
- Demonstrable commitment to working in a value-based organisation
- Meticulous with attention to detail.
Posted on 18 Feb 11:11