FHI 360 is seeking a Professional Driver for USAID –funded Capacity Building and Support (CDS) Project in South Africa. CDS is designed to support the achievement of the goals in the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Partnership Framework Implementation Plan
• Transportation services for CDS project staff and other personnel as may be required.
• Update the logbook of vehicle use on a daily basis for recording of mileage and submit mileage reports weekly.
• Collection and delivery of official materials including documents.
• Checks safety of vehicles to ensure road worthiness on a daily basis and when safety problems are encountered report them and take steps to resolve.
• Reports periodic servicing and other needs of the vehicles e.g. license disk renewal, in advance to ensure its proper handling.
• Develop and update a schedule of dates and information for vehicle services, warranty agreements, maintenance plans, PDP license, vehicle license disk and other significant dates.
• Ensures that vehicles are clean, safely always parked and keys are kept under security in the office of the Chief of Party.
• Ensures safe keeping of vehicle accessories e.g. jack, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, GPS.
• Ensure that immediate actions required by traffic rules and regulation are taken in case of involvement in a car
accident or traffic fines;
• Any other duties as delegated by the Chief of Party
• High School/GED Diploma or its International Equivalent
• 1-3 years of related driving experience & PDP.
• Must have a trade test certificate, a valid driving license and a clean driving record.
• Experience in the operation of large vehicles; or an equivalent combination of experience and training
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.