FHI 360 is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated and locally driven solutions. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are seeking a qualified candidate for positions to be based in Gauteng Province.
Purpose of Role:
The Provincial ES Manager will be responsible to oversee and coordinate implementation of the DREAMS Economic Strengthening program in one of 7 provinces and 14 districts in South Africa. The Provincial ES Manager will report to the ES Technical Advisor, in the FHI 360 Capacity Development and Support (CDS) DREAMS project. He/she will oversee coordination, planning, implementation and monitoring of the DREAMS economic strengthening activities within their province, to ensure progress and deliverables are met timeously and accurately.
He/she will be responsible for representing CDS in all relevant provincial and district stakeholder meetings, as well as relevant DREAMS, District Support Partner and economic strengthening stakeholder meetings. In order to be successful in this role, the incumbents will be required to travel within the province to fulfill the requirements for effective implementation of CDS programmatic goals for the DREAMS project.
Oversight, communication and coordination
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with PEPFAR Partners and other critical provincial and district stakeholders.
- Coordinate timeous and quality implementation of all DREAMS economic strengthening activities.
- Provide coordination, monitoring and support for District Coordinator implementation of economic strengthening training for AGYW.
- Track and provide technical assistance to AGYW Mentors to ensure all ES curricula modules are implemented timeously, sufficiently and to acceptable, high standards.
- Advise DREAMS ES Technical Advisor and senior leadership on matters of concern and elements of risk regarding DREAMS ES implementation and target achievement.
- Track work plan activities and deliverables, keeping DREAMS leadership updated on program progress on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Collaborate with the data analyst and SI Officer on performance results analysis, visualization and reporting.
- Undertake periodic data-driven program reviews and troubleshooting as necessary.
- Collaborate with SI Officer on closing of identified data irregularities and gaps.
- Provide rapid bi-directional updates and communications between DREAMS leadership and provincial staff and stakeholders.
Target tracking, progress review and reporting
• Report on progress, issues, challenges and local risk management.
• Compile routine and ad hoc reports for DREAMS ES Technical Advisor.
• Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual narrative progress reports.
• Track, analyze and manage periodic target achievements, AGYW linkage opportunities and
curricula roll-out on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Coordinate, develop and maintain high quality program documents, e.g. trackers, work plans,
agendas, minutes of meetings, training reports, etc.
• Work with the MER unit to track program implementation and routinely review, evaluate and
strengthen program implementation.
Linking AGYW to Youth Economic Strengthening opportunities
- Establish and maintain provincial, district and local stakeholder relationships and economic strengthening partnerships to ensure successful AGYW employment and income generating activities.
- Coordinate ES Linkage Consultant activities at provincial, district and local level.
- Drive the uptake and linkages of AGYW to concrete employment and income generating activities in the province.
- Support the ES linkage consultants and AGYW to perform effective and timely local labor market assessments to support AGYW linkages to employment and IGA.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in economics, developmental sciences or related field
- At least 5-8 years’ project management experience in coordination, implementation and monitoring of youth economic strengthening programs.
- Experiences in private sector and government department stakeholder management and coordination of consultancy work deliverables.
- Ability to represent FHI 360 to donors, government officials and the NGO community.
- Experience managing, supervising and building the capacity of staff.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English and other local languages including excellent presentation, training and report writing skills.
- Ability to manage work independently, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Ability to work under pressure and strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and willingness to undertake additional responsibilities.
- Well-developed computer skills, with proven proficiency in Microsoft Office suites.
- Valid South African driver’s license.
- Eligibility to work in South Africa.
• 40 -50% travel time
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.