DREAMS Economic Strengthening Linkage Officer
Purpose of Role
The ES Linkage Officer will be responsible to support the DREAMS Economic Strengthening project and ensure out-of school adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) ages 20 to 24 years are linked to wage-income opportunities. The
DREAMS project is an HIV prevention program and FHI 360 is supporting the South African DREAMS project with economic strengthening activities. As part of this project, out-of-school adolescent girls and young women need to be
linked with concrete employment, entrepreneurial, internship, learnership or higher education opportunities.
The ES Linkage Officer will report to the ES Technical Advisor, in the FHI 360 Capacity Development and Support (CDS) DREAMS project. S/he will work closely with the Provincial ES Managers to identify linkage opportunities, drive linkage
processes, and track and report ongoing wage-opportunity linkages. S/he will be responsible for representing CDS in relevant DREAMS and stakeholder meetings. To be successful in this role, the incumbents will be required to travel
within South Africa to fulfil the requirements for effective implementation of CDS programmatic goals for the DREAMS project
Linking AGYW to Youth Economic Strengthening opportunities
- Establish and maintain provincial, district and local stakeholder relationships and economic strengthening partnerships to ensure successful AGYW employment and income generating activities.
- Identification of private sector linkage partnerships and stakeholder management to increase linkage numbers for AGYW.
- Pro-actively drive and close partnership opportunities to successfully link AGYW to employment, wag-internships, concrete entrepreneurial activities, as well as learnerships and enrolment into higher education opportunities.
- Complete local labour market assessments to ensure efficient AGYW linkages to concrete employment and entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Manage and coordinate trackers and reporting to effectively manage linkages and potential partnerships.
Communication and coordination
- Provide coordination, monitoring and support for District Coordinator implementation of economic strengthening training for AGYW.
- Support the DREAMS ES team to track and effectively coordinate AGYW comprehensive training programs
- Advise DREAMS ES Technical Advisor and senior leadership on matters of concern and elements of risk regarding DREAMS ES implementation and target achievement.
- Collaborate with the data analyst and SI Officer on performance results analysis, visualization, and reporting.
- Undertake periodic data-driven program reviews and troubleshooting as necessary
- Collaborate with SI Officer on closing of identified data irregularities and gaps
Target tracking, progress review and reporting
- Report on progress, issues, challenges, and local risk management.
- Compile routine and ad hoc reports for DREAMS ES Technical Advisor.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual narrative progress reports.
- Track, analyse and manage periodic target achievements, AGYW linkage opportunities and curricula rollout on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Coordinate, develop and maintain high quality program documents, e.g., trackers, work plans, agendas, minutes of meetings, training reports, etc.
- Work with the MER unit to track program implementation and routinely review, evaluate, and strengthen program implementation.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in economics, developmental sciences, or related field.
- At least 5 years’ project management experience in coordination, implementation and monitoring of youth economic strengthening programs.
- Experiences in private sector stakeholder management.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English and other local languages including excellent presentation, training and report writing skills.
- Ability to manage work independently, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Ability to work under pressure and strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and willingness to undertake additional responsibilities.
- Well-developed computer skills, with proven proficiency in Microsoft Office suites.
- Valid South African driver’s license.
- Eligibility to work in South Africa.
• 20 to 30% travel time
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.