DIRECTOR: TRADE AND INVESTMENT PROMOTION SERVICES
REF. NO. DIR-TRADE APRIL 2020
Salary Package: R1 057,326 p.a. (All-inclusive salary package to be structured in accordance with the rules of SMS) (Level 13)
- An appropriate Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Economics, Business Economics, Trade Economics or Development studies at (NQF level 7) as recognised by SAQA
- A minimum of five years' experience at middle management level
- Minimum of 5 years' practical work experience in the area of trade and investment promotion
- Experience and knowledge of global, provincial and national trade and investment issues and their implications for the provincial economy is also required
- A valid driver's licence.
- Thorough knowledge of the National Industrial Policy Framework, National Trade and Investment policies and key government initiatives in the area of trade & investment
- Knowledge and understanding of the regulatory framework for the Public Service e.g. Public Service Act, PFMA, Treasury Regulations, Public Service Regulations, Labour Relations Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Skills Development Act, Service Delivery Frameworks
- Knowledge of the National Development Plan and the Provincial Growth and Development Plan, Industrial Development Strategy, Integrated Policy Action Plan (IPAP 2, New Growth Path (NGP), Provincial-Growth and Development Strategy
- Candidates should demonstrate excellent skills in: Strategic management, research, project management, policy analysis and development, analytic thinking, interpersonal relations, language proficiency, verbal & written communication, computer literacy, conflict management, presentation skills, report writing, strategic planning, planning & organising skills
- Ability to interact with people at all levels is a pre-requisite.
Key performance areas:
- Facilitate the structuring of trade and logistics institutional formations to promote economic growth and transformation
- Facilitate Trade and Investment related capacity building and empowerment initiatives
- Facilitate the promotion of foreign direct investment into the province, support and facilitate industry business retention and expansion measures and initiatives
- Manage and facilitate improved co-ordination between government and private sector entities involved in trade and logistics
- Formulate, develop and implement strategies to stimulate the province as a trade and logistics gateway to Africa/World including identification of high impact projects
- Manage human, financial and asset resources of the Sub-Directorate.
In terms of the Departrnental Employment Equity targets and Employment Equity Plan, Females and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only the posts of Director: Sector Development, Director: Trade & Investment Promotion Services and Director: Monitoring & Evaluation are being re.advertised, candidates who applied previously may re-apply.
Warrior Talent invites candidates with relevant experience to submit their applications to: [email protected] or telephone 011 058 0030. All materials and communications will be held in absolute confidence.
CLOSING DATE: 25 APRIL 2020.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within one month after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.