DIRECTOR: SECTOR DEVELOPMENT
REF. NO. DIR-SECTOR DEV APRIL 2020
Salary Package: R1 057,326 p.a. (All-inclusive salary package to be structured in accordance with the rules of SMS) (Level 13)
- An appropriate Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Economics/Business Management/Economics at NQF level 7 as recognized by SAQA PLUS a minimum of five years' experience at middle management level and in developing sector strategies, experience and knowledge of global, provincial and national economic issues and their implications for the provincial sectoral economy is also required
- A valid driver's licence
- Experience in developing industrial operations will serve as an added advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of the National Industrial Policy; National and Provincial legislations and regulations; policy development and analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of the regulatory framework for the Public Service e.g. Public Service Act, PFMA, Public Service Regulations, Labour Relations Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Skills Development Act
- Understanding of government's medium term strategic framework and monitoring framework of government
- Ability to communicate at all levels: Provincial Departments, Senior Management, Private Sector Organizations, Media, and the General Public
- An ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment Service delivery (Batho Pele) and prescripts relevant to industrial economic development
- Knowledge and insight of the KZN Provincial Growth and Uevelopment Flan (MAXI, National Uevelopment Han, Indust.' Development Strategy, Integrated Policy Action Plan (IPAP 2), New Growth Path (NGP), Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment Act (BBBEE), Provincial Growth and Development Strategy
- Candidates should demonstrate excellent skills in: Strategic management, research, project management, policy analysis and development, analytic thinking, interpersonal relations, language proficiency, verbal & written communication, conflict management, presentation skills, report writing, strategic planning, Evaluation and Monitoring skills, facilitation skills, basic driving, planning & organising skills
- Ability to interact with people at all levels is a pm-requisite.
Key performance areas:
- Manage the implementation of strategies to support the growth of priority sectors in KZN Province (such as Tooling and Foundry; Chemicals; Business Process Outsourcing; Creative Industries; Furniture, Forestry, Wood and Wood Products
- Facilitate the sanctioning of feasibility studies and research on all priority sectors
- Coordinate the development of bankable business plan for priority sectors and facilitate its implementation in line with timeframes and deliverables
- Manage and facilitate the establishment of priority sector structures
- Manage and develop strategies to optimize the business environment of identified priority sectors of the province
- Manage and facilitate the production of a capable industrial development labour force through sector focused skills development and economic empowerment
- Manage human and financial resources of the Unit.
In terms of the Departrnental Employment Equity targets and Employment Equity Plan, Females and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only the posts of Director: Sector Development, Director: Trade & Investment Promotion Services and Director: Monitoring & Evaluation are being re.advertised, candidates who applied previously may re-apply.
Warrior Talent invites candidates with relevant experience to submit their applications to: [email protected] or telephone 011 058 0030. All materials and communications will be held in absolute confidence.
CLOSING DATE: 25 APRIL 2020.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within one month after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.