|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionWe are searching for a dynamic and experienced digital lead to join Jacaranda FM Social Media Team. The successful incumbent will be based at and service Jacaranda FM, a division of Kagiso Media (Pty) Ltd.
The ideal candidate for this position will be responsible to lead the station digital team and activities including managing and maintaining the Jacaranda FM website, online content, and all related digital properties/platforms, in conjunction with the Programming Manager and related functions within the organisation.
- Lead digital team and oversee all online, social media and digital activity Oversee all members of the digital team including social media coordinator, digital producers with a dotted line to the online journalist (in conjunction with News Editor)
- Develop campaigns in conjunction with Marketing
- Input into Programming Operations Team.
- Developing monthly content plans that are in line with station strategy
- Generating story ideas and source stories for the Jacaranda FM website
- Creating content in line with editorial standards and values
- Scripting on-air mentions
- Feeding ideas daily to the on-air producers and programming team
- Contributing to the monthly content calendar
- Sourcing newer programming ideas that can deepen the online content
- Monitoring and driving adequate promotion of online and on-air elements
- Creating opportunities for content syndication partnerships.
- Promoting website content on FM and social media
- Implementing audience growth strategies for editorial
- Creating “talkability” and sharing content to build the fan base on social media.
- Creating content that will bring more users to the Jacaranda FM website
- Liaising with station stakeholders
- Creating and sending to database.
- Page creations
- Managing user profiles
- Liaising with the sales team to position client content optimally on the website
- Creating content engagement opportunities for an audience – polls, quiz, web exclusive stories, theme days for UGC
- Develop strategy alongside Market Engagement Manager and implement activities around data collection.
- Manage and attend a weekly digital team meeting
- Attending weekly product meeting
- Attending daily content diary meeting
- Attending once a month presenters meeting
- Attending once a month news meeting
- Monitoring real-time analytics and feedback to programming manager, on-air, and news team
- Reviewing monthly statistics
- Feedback learnings to management and production teams
- Update Weekly Compile monthly digital section of Programming Report.
- Ensuring continuity and style
- Sharing best practices with bloggers.
- Execute any tasks that may reasonably be expected.
- Degree or Diploma: Journalism/Media
- Minimum of five years digital and editorial experience
- Minimum of two years leading a related team
- Experience in media law an advantage
- Experience and a good understanding of the fundamentals of online media, marketing, and Ad-Network; including SEO, SEM, email marketing, social media, community management, content creation, video content, and online reputation management, and writing and editing for social media platforms
- Knowledge of and interest in popular culture, news, and music
- Broad media knowledge, including radio, would be beneficial
- A clear understanding of the sales and marketing process
- Understanding of current digital trends, online marketing concepts, and best practice
- Understanding of social media schedules, responsiveness and availability requirements, and willingness to be available outside of core business hours
- Driver’s License and own car essential
- PR/Ad Agency and Direct Client operations experience.
- Business management and leadership principles
- Customer relationship management
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial and/or complex topics to Stakeholders
- Work in a high-pressure environment with quick turn-around time;
- Exceptional writing and language skills
- Must be able to work accurately under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Creative flair.
Posted on 24 Mar 07:56