Digital/ATL Art Director
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionWe are looking for a passionate Digital and ATL Art Director with retail client experience, someone with the skill set to capture promotional excitement and breakthrough designs for multiple media platforms such as web banners, newsletters, social media and website elements. The successful applicant will be tasked to carry visual and conceptual skills from initial brief to final artwork.
Our ideal candidate must have a keen eye for little and big details, work extremely well under pressure with quick deadlines, high work volume and demanding pitches. We want someone who is resourceful, a self-starter and a conceptual thinker. If you are all of the above and then some, have great communication skills, exceptional lay-out skills; know a thing or two about Art Direction in an Agency environment and plays well with others – we want to see your portfolio.
Job scope includes but is not limited to:
- Working in a team under the leadership of a Group Head and Creative Director to conceptualise and execute campaigns based on both client and internal briefs.
- Present work imaginatively and confidently to clients and senior creatives.
- Be skilled in design and conceptualisation.
- Maintain exceptionally high standards for execution and attention to detail.
- Collaborate and communicate well with the team and other departments.
- Have an eternally positive disposition especially when the going gets rough
- At least three years’ experience as an art director in a large/integrated Advertising Agency
- At least three years’ previous experience in a high-volume environment
- Demonstrated experience with social media design across various social media platforms
- Strong skills in design software such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects non-negotiable
- Figma will be a bonus
- Knowledge of the digital landscape, specifically social platforms and its relevant features (Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok, etc) as well as ecommerce platforms
- Has experience in basic animation/motion graphics and video editing
- Understanding of UI/UX digital marketing best practices would be a bonus
- Experience in digital and experiential advertising advantageous
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, persuasive negotiator, positive and innovative thinker
- Maintain high standards for execution and attention to detail
- Highly motivated and a high level of initiative; ability to work independently, in support of the agency’s creative goals and the client’s business objectives
- Relevant tertiary qualificatio
- Able to multi-task, work to tight deadlines, and follow agency process
- Refined design aesthetic and meticulous eye for detail
- Has an interest in fashion, culture & other lifestyle trends
- Work ethic: Should be able to describe oneself as “Committed, reliable, curious, self-motivated, flexible, adaptable, team player"
- Flexible to work outside of normal working hours (overtime if and when required)
- Prior experience on Workbook advantageous but not essential
- Other: Driver’s license with own vehicle
Posted on 09 Jul 15:46