DEPUTY DIRECTOR: INTERNAL AUDIT
SALARY PACKAGE: R733 257 p.a. (All-inclusive salary package to be structured in accordance with the rules of MMS)
SALARY LEVEL: 11
Ref No. DD-IA 1 APR/20
- Degree in Internal Auditing
- Degree in Accounting/Financial Management/Auditing NQF level 7
- 3-5 years’ experience in Junior Management level
- Valid code EB/B driver’s license
- Knowledge and understanding of: Public Financial Management Act and accompanying Treasury Regulations
- Public Service Financial and other systems
- Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission principles- Internal Control Framework & Enterprise Risk Management Framework
- Basic Conditions of Employment Act
- Public Service Regulations
- Public Service Act
- Promotion of Administrative Justice Act
- Promotion of Access to Information Act, Skills Development Act & Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Candidates should demonstrate excellent skills in :
- Written and verbal Communication Skills
- Computer Skills
- Problem solving skills
- Risk Management skills
- Project Management skills
- Analytical skills
- Research Skills
- Report writing skills
- Organisational skills
- Lateral and innovative thinking
- Interpersonal relations
- Interviewing skills
- Financial Management
- Time Management
- Application and Interpretation of legislation
- Negotiation/consultation skills
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop and implement internal audit policies and plans
- Monitor the execution of audit reviews to ensure effective system of internal audit management
- Facilitate audit processes to ensure implementation of audit recommendations (Auditor – General and Provincial Internal Audit reports)
- Manage audit reviews to ensure effective systems of internal control.
- Manage the resources of the Sub Directorate
Enquiries: Zinhle Khwela: Tel: 033 264 2669
NOTES TO CANDIDATES:
- The Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability) in the Department through the filling of these posts. The candidature of persons whose appointment will promote representivity, will receive preference.
- Location: PIETERMARITZBURG (Not unless otherwise specified for the post).
- All information submitted will be treated as confidential. The Department reserves the right to withhold the filling of the abovementioned post at any time prior to an appointment being made.
- All applications must be submitted on the prescribed Application for Employment form (Z83) obtainable from any Public Service department and online, which must be originally signed and dated. The application form must be accompanied by certified copies of qualifications, Identity Document, Valid driver’s license, where applicable and a comprehensive CV. Should an applicant be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- The appointment is subject to positive outcome obtained from the NIA to the following checks (security clearance, qualification, citizenship and previous experience employment verifications).
- Forward your application, quoting the relevant reference number in the subject line and the name of the publication in which you saw this advertisement.
- Candidates are encouraged NOT to send their applications through registered mail, post or fax, as the Department will not take responsibility for non-collection of those applications.
- Interested persons may contact the above relevant person next to the posts for further information.
- Due to the anticipation of the volume of applications we will receive in response to this advertisement, correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not hear from us within three months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Applicants are informed that applications, copies of qualification and CV’s will not be returned.
- Incomplete and late applications will not be considered. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure that their applications reach us timeously.
- Kindly note that this advert is only open to people residing in KwaZulu-Natal.
- To apply, please visit www.affirmativeportfolios.co.za/edtea and click the vacancy you wish to apply for.
CLOSING DATE: 28 APRIL 2020