DEPUTY DIRECTOR: IEDS BRANCH COORDINATION
SALARY PACKAGE: R733 257 p.a. (All-inclusive salary package to be structured in accordance with the rules of MMS)
SALARY LEVEL: 11
Ref No. DD-IEDS 2 APR/20
- National Diploma or Degree with preference in Public Administration, Financial Accounting/management or Business Administration, 3-5 years at Junior Managerial Level
- Valid code EB/B driver’s license
Knowledge and understanding of:
- Budget Management (Cash-Flow Projections, etc.)
- Coordination of meetings
- Executive Secretarial Services (Document Management, Diary Management, Report and submission writing, preparing and making presentation etc.)
- Projects and Contracts Management Stakeholder Relations and Conflict Resolution, etc.
Candidates should demonstrate excellent skills in:
- Secretarial and Administration Skills
- Budgeting and Financial Management Skills
- Project and Contracts Management Skills
- Stakeholder Relations and Conflict Management Skills
Key Performance Areas:
- Manage and Coordinate executive secretariat and admin support
- Compile and consolidate Branch information and Progress Service Delivery Reports
- Manage Stakeholder Relations
- Manage Branch Budget and Financial Resources
- Manage and Monitor implementation of Special Initiatives/Projects within the DDG’s Office
Enquiries: Sibusiso Myeza: Tel: 033 264 2760
NOTES TO CANDIDATES:
- The Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability) in the Department through the filling of these posts. The candidature of persons whose appointment will promote representivity, will receive preference.
- Location: PIETERMARITZBURG (Not unless otherwise specified for the post).
- All information submitted will be treated as confidential. The Department reserves the right to withhold the filling of the abovementioned post at any time prior to an appointment being made.
- All applications must be submitted on the prescribed Application for Employment form (Z83) obtainable from any Public Service department and online, which must be originally signed and dated. The application form must be accompanied by certified copies of qualifications, Identity Document, Valid driver’s license, where applicable and a comprehensive CV. Should an applicant be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- The appointment is subject to positive outcome obtained from the NIA to the following checks (security clearance, qualification, citizenship and previous experience employment verifications).
- Forward your application, quoting the relevant reference number in the subject line and the name of the publication in which you saw this advertisement.
- Candidates are encouraged NOT to send their applications through registered mail, post or fax, as the Department will not take responsibility for non-collection of those applications.
- Interested persons may contact the above relevant person next to the posts for further information.
- Due to the anticipation of the volume of applications we will receive in response to this advertisement, correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not hear from us within three months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Applicants are informed that applications, copies of qualification and CV’s will not be returned.
- Incomplete and late applications will not be considered. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure that their applications reach us timeously.
- Kindly note that this advert is only open to people residing in KwaZulu-Natal.
- To apply, please visit www.affirmativeportfolios.co.za/edtea and click the vacancy you wish to apply for.
CLOSING DATE: 28 APRIL 2020