Creative Visual Merchandiser
|Company:||Cape Union Mart|
Job descriptionOur Poetry and Marketing Departments are in search of an Experience In-Store Creative Visual Merchandiser that can work with the product to create and tell lifestyle stories across all the categories that make up the Poetry collection.
The individual that we are looking for should be a creative and innovative thinker, with the skill of designing curated Window Installations to capture the story-telling looks that are created in-store.
With the in-store visual merchandising experience the team – member will need to utilize the storage space effectively to enhance the aesthetic appeal of displays, walkways and counters which will enhance the Customer Journey.
VM Co-ordination and Planning
- Defining, designing and implementing a creative visual merchandising strategy, together with the Buying and Marketing Team.
- Agreed upon Strategy needs to be driven and executed by the team member.
- Ability to work in collaboration with the Buying and Planning team to understand the ranges and how to best exhibit them in-store.
- Be involved with the Range Build to enable you to plan the creative requirements per season and present them to the business.
- Identify key promotional areas in-store as per Buying and Planning guides.
- Creating appealing visual displays in-store that will lead the customer through the entire store.
- Research lifestyle and design trends both locally and internationally to merge them into the Poetry Lifestyle in-store.
- Working with outside suppliers to build the finalised Window Installations.
- Source props, creative materials and accessories to create in-store displays.
- Work with Studio Team to build a rendering of your vision.
- Present the monthly Window Rendering and In-store to Business at Marketing Meetings.
- Be well versed and connected to the Visual Merchandising industry.
- Liaise with all business departments to enable the execution of the brand strategies both through the window and in-store displays.
- Communication of Window and In-store set up to stores on how to implement.
- Originate the yearly VM Calendar with Planning and Marketing Team.
- Ensure that the VM Strategy is in line with Brand’s Strategy.
- Update and continuously communicate the VM principles to stores.
- Look for Optimising in-store opportunities to increase turn over.
- Build Workshops within your monthly roll out to store teams.
- Streamlining new fixture design across older generation stores for every financial year through external suppliers.
- Ensure that store opening packs are continuously replenished and up to date with the relevant marketing material.
- Manage the movement of window/VM stock within the department
- Submission of budget reconciliation on deadline
- Execute CAPEX requirements within the deadline
- Achieve consistency throughout all stores
- Compile national VM window and in-store reports to ensure execution within VM principles
- Plan VM budget according to the Marketing calendar.
- CAPEX calendar to be planned according to NSO, new units needed by buyers.
- Eliminate bad costs and ensure that we are within budget for every campaign.
- Grade 12
- A relevant tertiary qualification (diploma or degree) in Marketing
- Minimum 4 year’s experience in visual merchandising, preferably within a retail environment
- Have a relevant portfolio showing work
- Strong coordination and administration skills
- A valid driver’s license
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- DTP experience would be advantageous
- Experience in TVC / Commercial Styling
- Background and knowledge of Interior Design
- Curation Skills on how to set up Lifestyles Displays
- Well-spoken with effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently and use initiative
- Resilient and tenacious in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to prioritize, manage your time, maintain high levels of drive & initiative while under pressure
- Ability to resolve problems and conflict
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with all levels of the organization
- Deadline and outcomes-focused
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Methodical, detail-orientated and accurate
- Strong planning, organizing and coordinating skills
- Ability to use initiative and be a creative thinker with the ability to translate ideas into action
- Service and customer orientated
- Ability to negotiate
Posted on 15 Mar 11:02