Community Healthcare Workers (Pandemic) x 90 Eastern Cape – OR Tambo District and Mpumalanga – Ehlanzeni (Subdistrict level)
9 Months contract
AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology. AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Programme and Vacancy overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities will be implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts). As such we seek to employ the following:
AQUITY seeks to appoint Community Healthcare Workers to be based in Eastern Cape – OR Tambo District – Inqguza Hill (10), Port St Johns (10), Mhlontlo (10), Nyandeni (10), KSD (10) and Mpumalanga District – City of Mbombela (10), Nkomazi (10), Bushbuckridge (10), Thaba Chweu (10)
Remuneration: ? Will be based on the government DPSA rate for similar positions.
Roles and Responsibilities
The incumbent will be working with a designated team in sub-district to screen communities for TB and COVID-19 link them to care and provide support to patients during their treatment journey and prevention of TB and COVID-19 during the current pandemic.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ensuring that patients with COVID-19 receive the necessary support
- Assisting in educating patients and their families on COVID-19 and TB prevention and management as well as on infection prevention measures.
- Report to catchment health facility to get list of all TB cases in your area of intervention
- Participate in door to door to activations to conduct health education on COVID-19 and TB infection control
- Screen people for TB, including collection of sputum and delivery to health facilities/GP
- Linkage of TB patients to allocated Health facilities and psychosocial services
- Assist in the distribution of nutritional packages, IEC material nd medication for TB patients
- Ensure TB patients on treatments are attending monthly appointments in health facilities
- Report to QI Officers on patients screened, diagnosed, linked to care and visited
- Must have at least a Grade 10-12 qualification
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the public health sector/ working as community health care worker or equivalent.
- Ability to use and capture on a mobile tablet
- Fluency in English and district local languages (OR Tambo: IsiXhosa. Ehlanzeni: Siswati; Xitsonga)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in the TB/HIV sector will be an added advantage