Communications Practitioner - Conservation
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
We have a very exciting opportunity for a Communications Practitioner at a wonderful conservation foundation based in Stellenbosch. The key purpose of this role is to identify, develop and distribute relevant communications materials and channels through which to promote the organisation’s purpose and activities to various internal and external stakeholders. A key focus of this role is written content development and the successful candidate will be responsible for writing web and blog copy, articles, social posts, newsletters, brochure copy and more.
Day to Day
- Engage in effective and accurate lead research to support the Communications team’s content creation process
- Develop content in partnership with the Communications Manager
- Develop and maintain content schedules and a PR calendar
- Assist with the dissemination of content to the media and other stakeholders, across traditional and digital channels.
- Provide support and feedback on the development and implementation of a Communication strategy and plans.
- Manage the production of the annual review, including content development, layout, printing and distribution
- Provide input, feedback and support on content strategy development and implementation across a variety of digital and traditional communication platforms in line with the organisation's strategic goals.
Operational and Process Effectiveness
- Conceptualise and develop creative communication material, collateral and branding in line with the organisation's business goals and tells a brand story
- Research, develop and implement copy content that educates, engages the audience, nurtures fundraising leads, supports business goals and tells a brand story
- Assist with the dissemination of content to the media and other stakeholders
- Assist with monitoring and evaluation of communication activities
- Stakeholder management
- Foster and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Work with global and regional colleagues and stakeholders across teams and functions to research, develop and share content.
- Remain future fit for evolving role requirements and actively live the organisation’s values
- Agree, develop and commit to own development in line with role profile requirements and changing business needs
- Actively demonstrate the organisation’s values
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in communications, public relations, marketing or similar
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a related field
- Advanced computer skills, including desktop publishing (Photoshop and/or InDesign)
- Experience with uploading content onto WordPress
- Knowledge and experience in brand management
- Ability to engage in effective and accurate lead research
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to travel as required
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Please submit a written portfolio along with your CV on application.
Should you not receive a response within one week, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Company DescriptionVGP Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, creative, digital, PR/communications and publishing industries.
Posted on 15 Mar 15:20
+27 21 422 1037