|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
Job descriptionApplications are invited for the above-mentioned vacancy within Newzroom Afrika. The incumbent will report to the b usiness editor .
The b usiness producer/reporter is a key member of the business desk, who is responsible for ensuring that the business newsgathering is done in a timely, accurate, and engaging manner. Under the leadership of the Business Editor, the business producer/reporter will shape and create news coverage that sets Newzroom Afrika apart from other broadcasters in South Africa and beyond.
- Gather business information, stories, and pieces throughout the day.
- Add business stories and elements that will make the broadcast more attractive.
- Ensure broadcast is within time limits.
- Attend diary meetings and make strategic inputs
- Assist the editorial team in determining the newsroom’s strategic vision.
- Work closely with the online editor and the entire online team, Assignment editors.
- Ensure that there is a constant flow of fresh business stories
- Ability to proofread and edit pieces.
- Perform business research on local, national, and international affairs to stay updated with current events.
- Identify guests for business content
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Communication skills
- Prepare anchors for business content
- Ability to perform efficiently under pressure
- A firm grasp of current affairs, both local and international
- Excellent knowledge of media law and ethics
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage conflict
- Produce business breaking news reports
- Excellent writing skills
- Characteristics and competencies
- Great attention to detail
- Deadline driven
- Innovative with strong problem-solving abilities
- Use of the latest tech platforms to host meetings
- Self-motivated, passionate, and punctual
- Fast thinker and fast worker
- Must be agile and accurate under pressure
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to embrace change
- Optimising content and technology
- Clear knowledge, the expertise of content life cycle, content management systems, and process
- Ability to collaborate at all levels
- Ability to work well within the team
- Seven+ extensive working experience covering business news
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Strong Editorial background and skills
- Show excellent news judgment
- Good leadership skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Leading and managing the team
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and a can-do attitude to work
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Team Player
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Deadline driven
- Adaptability and flexibility in a changing environment
- Result driven
- Viewer centric
Company DescriptionNewzroom Afrika is a premier South African 24-hour TV news channel broadcasting in Southern Africa, East and West Africa.
Posted on 20 Nov 15:41, Closing date 29 Nov