|Location:||Cape Town, Plattekloof|
Job descriptionA dynamic provider of innovative Software & Systems Solutions urgently seeks the technical ability of an Application/Database Administrator whose core role will be to maintain and install applications needed for its client offering and daily operations. You will be expected to administer client/server application, support tools and SQL databases which includes Call Logging System HEAT and Pastel Evolution, troubleshoot, design changes while carrying out regular data integrity & quality checks. The successful candidate will require a MCSE/MCP Certification, have experience with Windows & UNIX Servers, Windows operating systems & proficiency in SQL and MySQL and must be a SA Citizen with a valid Driver's License, After hours work will be expected as needed.
Support Services (30%) -
The administration of client/server application, supporting tools and SQL databases, which includes and are not exclusive to the following:
- Call Logging System (HEAT™)
- Accounting System (Pastel Evolution™)
- The installation, configuration, maintenance and ongoing usability of client/server applications within established standards and guidelines.
- Troubleshoot, fault-finding and problem solving of client/server application related incidents and problems.
Customer Relations (30%) -
- Work with support vendors to resolve technical problems with client/server applications.
- Maintain positive customer relations through professional interactions with customers.
- Work with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
- Design/Develop/Implement changes to the client/server application or SQL databases that has been approved by the change and release processes.
- Design and develop reports that meets the user requirements within the constraints of the client/server application.
Maintenance (15%) -
- Daily/weekly/monthly data integrity checks to ensure data accuracy.
- Daily/weekly/monthly transaction/ticket quality checks.
- Record all calls and support activities on the call logging system.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks within established standards and guidelines.
Self-Development (12%) -
- Review and evaluate new technologies, products and services that can benefit the company.
- Prioritisation of support incidents, service requests and preventative maintenance activities to ensure high level of uptime and SLA conformance.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area, adhere to all safety procedures.
Policies and Procedures (3%) -
- Adhere to departmental and company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Windows and UNIX Servers.
- Knowledge Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of MySQL and Microsoft SQL.
- SA Citizen with valid drivers license.
- Able to assist after hours where need be.
Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
Integrity and transparency: Maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organisational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Delivers results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the organisation's priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
Communication: Encourages and contributes
Personal Skills/AttributesApplication, Database, Administrator, SQL
Posted on 04 Jan 17:28, Closing date 3 Feb
087 351 0743