ADMINISTRATIVE CLERK: SOUTH REGION
SALARY PACKAGE: R173 703 p.a
SALARY LEVEL: 05
Ref No. AC APR/20
- Senior Certificate or equivalent qualification.
- A certificate in Administration/Diploma in Public Administration will be an added advantage.
- A valid driver’s license will be an advantage.
- Atleast one year actual experience in administrative service will be an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of: Working knowledge of the Public Service Act
- Public Service prescripts
- Capturing of data and collection of statistics
- Working knowledge of the Public Sector
- Knowledge of the Constitution
- Public Service Code of Conduct
- Knowledge of the Service Delivery (Batho Pele)
- Knowledge of the EIA regulations will be an added advantage.
Candidates should demonstrate excellent skills in :
- Good telephonic etiquette
- Computer literate (Microsoft word and Excel)
- Sound organizational and time management skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Minute taking skills
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
Key Performance Areas:
- Update EIA applications database for Environmental Authorizations for 6 districts within the South Region: Environmental Services
- Information Management of the EIA filing system for 6 districts within the South Region: Environmental Services
- Capturing of the 5 types of NEAM EIA applications: Basic Assessments, EIA/Scoping, Amendments, S24G and Maintenance Management Plans
- Capturing 3 types of NEMA Waste Management License Application: Basic Assessments, EIA/Scoping and Amendment.
- Provide administrative support services within the component.
- Database and information management
- Data capturing and National Environmental Authorization System administration.
Enquiries: Mr Sabelo Ngcobo: Tel: 033 264 2876
NOTES TO CANDIDATES:
- The Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability) in the Department through the filling of these posts. The candidature of persons whose appointment will promote representivity, will receive preference.
- Location: PIETERMARITZBURG (Not unless otherwise specified for the post).
- All information submitted will be treated as confidential. The Department reserves the right to withhold the filling of the abovementioned post at any time prior to an appointment being made.
- All applications must be submitted on the prescribed Application for Employment form (Z83) obtainable from any Public Service department and online, which must be originally signed and dated. The application form must be accompanied by certified copies of qualifications, Identity Document, Valid driver’s license, where applicable and a comprehensive CV. Should an applicant be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- The appointment is subject to positive outcome obtained from the NIA to the following checks (security clearance, qualification, citizenship and previous experience employment verifications).
- Forward your application, quoting the relevant reference number in the subject line and the name of the publication in which you saw this advertisement.
- Candidates are encouraged NOT to send their applications through registered mail, post or fax, as the Department will not take responsibility for non-collection of those applications.
- Interested persons may contact the above relevant person next to the posts for further information.
- Due to the anticipation of the volume of applications we will receive in response to this advertisement, correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not hear from us within three months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Applicants are informed that applications, copies of qualification and CV’s will not be returned.
- Incomplete and late applications will not be considered. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure that their applications reach us timeously.
- Kindly note that this advert is only open to people residing in KwaZulu-Natal.
- To apply, please visit www.affirmativeportfolios.co.za/edtea and click the vacancy you wish to apply for.
CLOSING DATE: 28 APRIL 2020