Cape Town Child Welfare Society is looking for an enthusiastic; motivated individual who is able to oversee and co- ordinate the overall administrative functioning of the organization in a manner which ensures effective service delivery and the safety of the organization as follows:
- Assigns work and provides direction to admin staff
- Ensures that assigned tasks are completed timeously and of a high standard.
- Participates in the recruitment; screening and selection of admin staff by advertising vacancies
- Screening CVs, conducting interviews and selecting staff
- Evaluates, develops and recommends office procedures and practices to senior management
- Ensures that approved office policies, practices are understood and implemented by admin staff
- Monitors office expenditure by recording expenses and alerting Director timeously of any potential over expenditure
- Provides input into the budget and maintains accurate financial records iro administrative expenditure
- Maintains client, staff and program information using spread sheets and databases
- Identifies and ensures that supplies are provided where needed e.g. reception, archives, fleet, office, admin, cleaning, maintenance etc.
- Ensures that compliance is demonstrated iro OHS
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing effective filing and retrieval systems
- Ensures the protection and security of files and agency records
- Demonstrates a level of IT knowledge which will enable the innovative use of platform designs in the collation and analysis of data.
- Relevant qualification in Office Administration will be an advantage
- 10 yrs and more experience as a supervisor within the field of administration
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills. Good numeracy skills, proficient in Microsoft office, Outlook, Powerpoint.
- Good communication skills, attention to detail, flexible, organized, able to work independently, demonstrates problem solving and decision making abilities and able to use own initiative.
- Driver’s license and competency test certificate, police clearance, form 30 (Child Protection Register check) essential