Position: Adherence Coordinators x 10 (Mpumalanga – Ehlanzeni and Eastern Cape – OR Tambo District )
AQUITY Innovations NPC, a Section 21 South African-based registered not-for-profit organization, was established in 2010. Our mission is to promote access to quality health and social services through innovations and technology. AQUITY’s programmatic focus areas include HIV, TB, health systems strengthening, capacity development Orphans and Vulnerable Children as well as other interventions targeting key populations.
Programme and Vacancy overview:
AQUITY Innovations NPC has been appointed by the National Department of Health to serve as one of the GLOBAL FUND TB Sub-Recipients (SRs) in South Africa. The project activities are implemented in Mpumalanga (Ehlanzeni district) and Eastern Cape provinces. (OR Tambo and Buffalo City Metro districts). As such we seek to employ the following:
AQUITY seeks to appoint TB – Adherence Officer to be based in Mpumalanga – Ehlanzeni District (*4) and Eastern Cape – OR Tambo District (*6) .
Remuneration: ?Will be based on the government DPSA rate for similar positions.
The Adherence Coordinator will mainly support TB and COVID-19 activities in the community. He/she will coordinate, deliver services, improve integration of TB and COVID -19 services at the sub district and community level. They will also be responsible for distributing TB treatment to patients who unable to go to the facilities. He/ She will work in close collaboration with the Local Area Manager, TB sub district coordinators and facility Quality Improvement Focal Person on TB .
Key Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate planned activities in the community on TB and COVID- 19
- Support Community Health Care workers on TB and COVID -19 community screening.
- Distribution of TB treatment to patients who cannot reach health facilities
- Provide adherence and counselling support to patients and family members
- Liaise with a social worker regarding patients in need of psychosocial support
- Working as a member of the multisectoral case management team at supported facilities/sites
- Promote high quality data collation and data management;
- Support in-hospital TB and HIV care and prevention activities, including screening, patient education, sputum collection and HIV testing;
- Work closely with Department of Health sub district HAST Coordinators
- Participate in the sub district PHC/HAST review meetings
- Promote and support implementation of effective infection prevention and control activities throughout the community
- Submit weekly data to the Social Worker
- Ensure profile and service data on TB /COVID 19 patients are accurate and reported to M&E team in a timeous manner.
- Distribute PPE material to Community Health Care workers
- Ensure staff adhere to standard operating procedures (SOP) with respect to personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Degree/Diploma or relevant Nursing qualification (Professional Nurse Grade 2 Level)
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Professional Nurse and proof thereof
- At least 2 years’ experience in nursing post registration in the TB section at a health facility level
- Knowledge of DOH TB and HTS guidelines & protocols.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to communicate in English and local languages
- Sound leadership, people management and interpersonal relationship skills
- Prior TB case management experience
- Excellent time management and monitoring skills
- Good reporting and presentation skills
- A clear criminal record
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To Apply follow this link for our recruitment https://aquityonline.co.za/system/recruitment before the 6th of November 2020. No emailed submissions will be accepted.