|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
Job descriptionBoomtown has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Account Director to join our high performing team that builds strong client relationships and ensures strategic leadership of clients. The Account Director will be primarily responsible for the management of relationships with clients and growing client service team in our Johannesburg Office. As the senior point of contact for an agency’s clients, the Account Director also co-ordinates the resources needed to service projects, balances the expectations of clients with the execution of creative work. In addition, the role acts as the steward and mentor for the full team, ensuring strong team unity and ways of working, optimizing talent utilization and growth among all team members.
– Strategically Lead Client and display business knowledge and acumen: by giving innovative solutions and providing high level client service excellence & satisfaction.
– Strategic account leadership: Using your skills to push clients, and the agency, creatively and strategically guide and lead the team to provide the utmost level of client service through effective ongoing client engagement resulting in meaningful contribution to client's business growth.
– Build and maintain strong relationships with clients: liaising with clients at a senior level on a day-to-day basis and act as supporting point of contact for clients in the absence of other team members.
– Accurate Problem Definition: Ensure the client's "ask" is understood by CS and accurately communicated to all role players through ensuring brief content is clear, concise and adequately descriptive.
– Compile detailed/informative briefs: for creative and strategic departments and ensure swift turnaround time of briefs.
– Successfully develop business accounts creatively and financially: Identify business development opportunities and promoting the expansion of business with existing clients.
– Meet existing and new business financial targets
– Manage a portfolio extensive experience in digital campaigns from concept through to final roll-out.
– Work alongside our client service team to ensure all campaigns are fully integrated from ATL onto all digital platforms
– Understand brands and their integrated digital marketing communication needs
– Effective and efficient project management of tasks: Completing projects to a specific schedule and within an agreed budget.
– Adherence to internal systems and contributing to team effectiveness
– Ensure that you and the team are well prepared for client meetings and produce accurate and timely contact reports after each client meeting
– Liaise with colleagues in Traffic, Creative team, Production and other departments to ensure a job is actioned
Company DescriptionOur cultural roots and deep, on-the-ground market immersion ensures we deliver relevant creative solutions, understanding the people who make up South Africa’s main market, and connecting your brand with their hearts and buying behaviours.
Our strength lies in positioning global brands into Africa, as well as taking South African brands to the broader African market. We do this by creating standout brand presence through a deep on-the-ground cultural connection to the right market and its local catalysts.
At Boomtown, we see the power of people. Our people are the most valuable part of our business. They are insightful, world-class, creative, multidisciplinary, authentic and professional. We see all that they can be and endeavor to provide the best environment for them to thrive in.
See yourself fitting in?
Get in touch.
Requirements– Relevant degree/diploma or equivalent
– FMCG and corporate brand and marketing communications experience
– At least three years' experience in the position of an Account Director
– At least seven years agency experience advantageous.
– Digital and ATL experience
– Excellent project management ability, and agency process and systems knowledge. CHASE proficiency advantageous.
– Valid driver's license and own transport
– Knowledge and exposure to all media platforms and production and printing outputs
– Outstanding organisational capability, operational skills and attention to detail
– Patient and level-headed, but full of energy and the ability to thrive under pressure
– Proactive, agile and leading in approach to client service
– Keen on delivering quality, innovative solutions for client
– Able to hit the ground running
– Significant experience in professional client relationship management
– The ability to plan and strategise at a senior level
– A persuasive and confident approach to creative projects
– Effective team management capabilities
– A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
– Full awareness of creative processes and techniques – including digital platforms
Posted on 17 Feb 14:13