Above all, they have a commitment to mutuality; giving and taking, dedicating yourself to every task and seeing how your dedication brings rewards, recognition, and progression.
The Service Delivery division sets out to provide a professional, after-sales 1st, 2nd and 3rd Line support to their customers to ensure stable and consistent delivery of service to agreed service level standards. Due to continued growth, they are investing further in this global division. Based in Cape Town, reporting to the Service Desk Team Leader the role requires a collaborative team member who is able and willing to work European Standard office hours
• Logging and progressing support tickets (incidents & changes) through our MSP systems.
• Provide remote 3rd line technical IT support for tickets escalated.
• Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software related incidents based on Microsoft systems.
• Resolve incidents within agreed first-time-fix parameters and escalate within the team where required, complying with contracted SLAs.
• Take ownership of incidents and manage through to resolution where possible.
• Attend to proactive and reactive monitoring alerts in order to ensure minimum disruption to customers.
• Meet client expectations in terms of quality of work and delivery to deadlines.
• Action customer enquiries effectively in a timely fashion as per prescribed SLA.
• Produce information reports upon request.
• Build and maintain customer relationships.
• Fluent in English.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Very strong technical understanding of current industry-leading datacentre technologies.
• Customer relations skills; ability to understand and comprehend customer concerns and requirements.
• A desire for continuous learning and career development.
• Ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
• SA citizen, permanent resident or right to employment in South Africa (Work Visa).
• Driver’s license and/or access to transport during unsociable hours.
Required Skills & Experience
• Matric or equivalent secondary education.
• Formal IT qualification, ideally VMware VCP, MCSE/MCITP or multiple MCP certifications.
• CCENT/CCNA certification(s)
• 5+ years’ experience in an IT Service Desk support environment (2nd line and 3rd line support)
• 5+ years’ experience supporting VMware hypervisor (1+ year exposure to VMware NSX and vSAN)
• 5+ years’ experience supporting Cisco/HPE networking environments
• 3+ years’ experience supporting firewalls (FortiGate, WatchGuard, Cisco, Palo Alto)
• 5+ years’ experience supporting Microsoft Systems; Servers, Exchange/365, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, etc.
• Exposure to HP, Dell & Cisco datacentre hardware, software, and storage technologies.
• Exposure to modern Backup & Disaster Recovery technologies (Veeam, Zerto)
• Exposure to Public and/or Private Cloud platforms (IaaS)
CV with SKILLS MATRIX TO [email protected]
Consultant Name: Lana Reed