Job descriptionApplications are invited for the above-indicated vacancy within Newzroom Afrika. The incumbent will report to the IT Manager.
The Systems Administrator is the member of the IT Department, who is preferably on-site and is responsible for the continued functioning of organisational operations from an IT perspective. This individual is responsible in ensuring that the hardware and software, under IT responsibility, is maintained and remains in a working state.
- Active Directory maintenance e.g., creating user network profiles, updating user network profile, adding, and removing machines from the domain, etc.
- G Suite support and maintenance
- Desktop support and maintenance including but not limited, assisting with printer access set-up, troubling shooting user issues, assisting with logon issues, installing software, ensuring internet access, etc.
- Security patch management including but not limited, installing anti-virus software, confirming software definitions are up-to-date, installing required or missed updates, etc.
- Ensure network uptime.
- Maintain company backups.
- User support e.g., enabling user access to network resources – example email access, internet access, printer access, updating changing network access, etc.
- Log calls/make enquiries with supplies if required.
Company DescriptionNewzroom Afrika is a premier South African 24-hour TV news channel broadcasting in Southern Africa, East and West Africa.
Skills and competencies
- At least two years in managing Microsoft deployed systems.
- A suitable qualification in Information Systems.
- Broadcast/Media Industry knowledge and work experience advantageous but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of Networking technologies and infrastructure e.g., TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Operating Systems as well as Windows applications/tools such as WSUS, Active Directory, SQL, etc)
- Knowledge of other operating systems as well as other hardware, software and platforms not based on Microsoft deployed systems e.g., OSX, Linux, VMWare, etc.
- Knowledge of databases structures.
- Friendly, dedicated and a team player.
- Detailed orientated.
- Good communication skills – verbal as well as written.
- Approachable, and be able to work well with others.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Logging and escalating calls when needed with the appropriate vendors,
- following up on the logged calls if needed.
- Ability to investigate and recommend enhancements that will optimise service delivery.
- Confidentiality regarding the information being processed and stored.
- Own transport – mandatory
- Willingness to work shifts and put in the extra effort and time.
Posted on 12 Feb 09:09